Annoying double bot for one stock character on bot roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying double bot for one stock character on bot roster

I just recently installed ChaosUT2: Evolution Umod on UT2004 and I played deathmatch with
    custom models and stock characters like Torch, Faraleth, Barktooth. As soon as I'm done winning
    on instant action, I check on the bot roster and it appears it has two portraits of the stock character
    when I just put one in the bot list. It's so annoying, I didn't even drag twice on the same character.
    It even happens when after I go to main menu, this only affects stock characters.

I will post my screenshots later.
    Just please help me find the solution for this problem.

Maybe that character has two .upl entries. Search all your UT2004 subfolders for .upl files that contain the name of the bot. If it's really a stock character, it should only appear in one of the three standard .upl files in the System folder.

Comment

Is it the xplayers1 and 2? Because ChaosUT2 has them by default when using
      the UMod version.

Comment

Wormbo, I left two copies of Torch characters in a match for a test, well it got
        worse by adding another two copies by itself into four. What the hell, am I high or something?

Should I uninstall ChaosUT2 and reinstall or use the zip version?

Comment

I had this happen to me with a Knuckles character that tidel was working on, I also had a Knuckles that someone else had done, so every time I started a different match, the characters would double, I counted 128 Knuckles at one point, its funny the game still played fine.
          It had to do with the Knuckles character that I had in the bot roster, if there is one with the same name as any other character you have installed, this will happen until you change the name or remove the upl of the duplicate.
          I am not sure of the characters in in ChaosUT, I haven't played in a while, but look at the names of the bots that your playing against.

Comment

Well, I guess I should stick with the zip version and not install xplayers1.upl and 2
            bundled with ChaosUT2 since I already have those two files. Then I'm going to uninstall ChaosUT2
            UMod and test the results. Thanks for the advice, Parkis.

Comment

Yes, I uninstalled ChaosUT2 and it worked and it doesn't copy the stock character by itself.
              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X