Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash with looping sound

Here's a link to the pastebin. http://pastebin.com/cJ9rEavu

I couldn't upload the whole LOG file because it's so massive, the site gave me an error, so I just uploaded the last several lines.

One thing I noticed is after the game crashes and I reboot the computer (soft reboot), when I get back into Windows, I'm greeted by a Flash Player update prompt. Could this be interfering with my game?

I'm now off to play it again to show it who's boss.

Thank you.

I can only see problems with the IK weapon and apparently a bot (or player?) moving somewhere he shouldn't and subsequently falling out of the world.

Did you update flash player? If not, do it. Can never really hurt.

Comment

I ran the updater. But could the updater itself cause this problem in the game by starting itself in the background?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

Comment

I've seen that error before myself. Like Baryonyx mentioned it occurs when an actor (pawn, pickup, other actor with specific properties) is moved or 'SetLocation'ed into and invalid location (whether that is the nullzone or colliding/intersecting with another colliding/blocking actor).

In my case it often occurred when I was using a custom mutator that randomly spawned custom enemy pawns at pathnodes, or at the location where a player had just died (in the same game 'tick') around a given map while using weapons that fired projectiles. It seemed like it was an infinite loop type error where the game tried to adjust the location of the offending newly spawned actor but could not find a valid location (and those collision hash warnings appeared). The game then typically locked up hard. If I was in windowed mode I was usually able to bring up the Task Manager to kill off the ut2004.exe thread, but otherwise had to reset the computer to get it unstuck. I was never able to find the exact way to cause the error, but by not using the mutator that spawned the pawns, it typically never showed back up.

What mutators are you playing the game with, and what custom content does it include? (new weapons, pawns, custom map etc.)

Comment

Full Ammo, KegOWhupAss, LowGrav, QuadJump, Regeneration, Slow Motion Corpses, Species Statistics, Vampire, YM Mod Bots, {IK}-Trans-B Translocator, {IK} ERAGON, IK Hit Sound, IK Matrix, IK SIG666 LR, IK SIG666 LR V6, IK SOULCATCHER, IK Stealth V2, IK TATSU

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosWolf View Post
            Full Ammo, KegOWhupAss, LowGrav, QuadJump, Regeneration, Slow Motion Corpses, Species Statistics, Vampire, YM Mod Bots, {IK}-Trans-B Translocator, {IK} ERAGON, IK Hit Sound, IK Matrix, IK SIG666 LR, IK SIG666 LR V6, IK SOULCATCHER, IK Stealth V2, IK TATSU

Thank you.

Some mutators can conflict with others. when a certain mutator conflicts with another one is sends back to the game as a "Null" then it shuts down other mutators and sometimes the game will freeze or crash.

Comment

Working...
            X