Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Won't even start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't even start

Hi there
    I have had UT2003 for quite a while but only recently has it stopped working. I put the CD in the drive, press play and then a message appears saying an error has occured in UT2003.exe and needs to close. I have tried re-installing the game and have the latest patch and graphics cards drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers

I have the same exact problem except I've never played the game, I just bought it today, installed it and as soon as I launch it I get those error reports.

I have a decent system too.

P4 2.0ghz
    512mb rambus
    128mb radeon 9000
    Win XP Pro

Comment

Yeah I've got the EXACT same problem as you.. I have reinstalled the game som mant times, and even formatted my HDD and done a fresh install of win XP pro, I dont know whats happening!! it never used to do this, it started about 2-3 weeks ago. Can somebody PLEASe help me?

256mb RAM
      40GB HDD (7,200RPM)
      Geforce4 Ti4200-8X / 64mb RAM
      DirectX 8.1

Comment

It's wierd

The strange thing is, it used to be fine on Windows ME, but when I try to run it in compatibility mode, it has the same error. G4Xtreme, you even tried re installing Windows? And it still didn't work?! It looks as if it is only a small problem though as no one else has said anything

I have contacted the tech support line via email and they have tried numerous things but nothing has helped

Has anyone else had this problem and found out a way to fix it?

Comment

Found the Solution

At last! after a week of trying I found out that the problem was all down to a stupid virus called PE PARITE . B
          or PE PARITE . A

If you have the same probelm I sugest doing a virus scan with some sort of software. A good site is
          http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall

This is a free antivirus program and is pretty good

Comment

I find it hard to believe that the problem is related to a virus for most of us, as I have just formatted my pc and I get this problem.

I have found a semi-fix. I install the new patch before I want to play (after every reboot) then run it in safe mode. Then quit safe mode and start it up normall. This has a 60% success rate for me.

-Jim

Comment

Working...
            X