Problems occuring in UT2k4 so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi, this tallys with the tests ive done.

Check out my thread here : http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...29#post4826329

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mosh83
    Here in Finland the upgrade from 512 DDR400 to 1024 DDR400 will cost around 100€ That is more than I was planning to pay for UT2004. And I won't.
    I know what you mean Finnish friend.

But in all honesty. 512 of DRAM for 100 Euros is not very much money. That of course, is all individual.
    But, of course it is not little money either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [i]
    On the other hand, memories are not that expensive today, and if you are planning to play DOOM III and Half-Life 2, you might as well want to invest in that extra memory. After all, it will help you whole system run faster with whatever you are running.
    For those working with Photoshop or similar software, the RAM upgrade will help a lot aswell.

[/B]
    Here in Finland the upgrade from 512 DDR400 to 1024 DDR400 will cost around 100€ That is more than I was planning to pay for UT2004. And I won't.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This seems like many players had when playing the online shooter
    PLANETSIDE. Now there are much less players here, but the graphics are much better.

There is a possibility the system is checking for the whole distance you are looking at, drawing it up, which can cause major lag. Not sure if you understand me.

Eitherway, what I heard from a lot of pleople in Planetside was
    that once they upgraded their memory from 512 MGb to 1Gb RAm memory, it was like playing a whole new game.

Unfourtenatly, it seems the same case in UT2k4.
    We need to upgrade our RAM to 1GB. It should NOT be needed, but it appears to have helped some people here as well.

Should say minimum specs of atleast 512 RAM to play this game, but of course, which manufactor will put that on the box

On the other hand, memories are not that expensive today, and if you are planning to play DOOM III and Half-Life 2, you might as well want to invest in that extra memory. After all, it will help you whole system run faster with whatever you are running.
    For those working with Photoshop or similar software, the RAM upgrade will help a lot aswell.

Just my 2 cents...not even know if its worth listening to

Leave a comment:

• replied
    - Not listed:

Music doesn't play correctly. Skips back over and over... Sounds like a record with a bad needle.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Happy

Well boys and girls,
    I got my stick of 512mb and now i'm 1Gig strong in memory. I would like to say UT2004 plays perfectly. Loads fast and plays great. it's like playing the demo again I get the message waiting for players to join and the count down 3...2...1...PLAY.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The category "system freezes" needs to be added.

I can't play the instant action maps for onslaught (the others work fine). I'm suspecting some kind of memory leak or something since the game even does it in full safe mode.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Speechredist renames my desktop icons

I have had good results so far however I did have to install Speechredist because it kept reseting my desktop icons back to the default names of "My Computer" , "My Documents" etc

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sound distorted

After installing it on my Dell inspiron 8600 all my sounds are distorted even from outside of UT. I tried adjusting my volume controls but no luck. Even from WinAmp and WMP everything sounds like as if the volume was turned up to the max. Doing the microphone adjust helped a little bit so it has to be something to do w/ with the speechredist that installed. This speechredist didn't install on my desktop when I ran it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As stated in another thread. Uncheck the boxes for Speech and Skins under the misc. section of the game menu. That will stop all the swapping for offline play. Good workaround till it's gets fixed. just remember to turn skins back on for online play as it will degrade online after a while with players joining and leaving the server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont have any of thoses issues...

My maps load in about 25 seconds... (2x RAID 0 array )

I alt-tab out of the game all the time while running...

With my 3.2c at 3.7Ghz and 2.0GB of ram.. The game is using 440MB and 45% utilized with 32 bots playing Assault-Robot City...

With ALL details on Highest setting, 4x AA. 16x AF...

But the game is on PageFile swap hog! I should have enough ram to cover any swapping

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yo, need another choice in the pole... "Game won't load"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same problem guys but Amazingly it works perfectly online! No lag or stutering. Long load times though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While it ****** me off I can't play all the cool new ONS maps, i'm glad that i'm not alone in my problem of having a decent system and getting downright terrible performance.

Sys:

XP Home
    P4 2.4
    512 DDR RAM (probably upgrading to 1024 soon)
    128mb Radeon 9600XT

I got better fps playing the demo on my Radeon 8500LE than the full with my XT. Wtf is wrong?

DM and all the other game modes play great, but ONS is near-unplayable, with 35 FPS being the average, with dips to the mid-teens being far too common.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    poll

how about a 'SE DVD protection keeps paying customers from playing' issue???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X