Problems occuring in UT2k4 so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Not listed:

Music doesn't play correctly. Skips back over and over... Sounds like a record with a bad needle.

Comment

This seems like many players had when playing the online shooter
      PLANETSIDE. Now there are much less players here, but the graphics are much better.

There is a possibility the system is checking for the whole distance you are looking at, drawing it up, which can cause major lag. Not sure if you understand me.

Eitherway, what I heard from a lot of pleople in Planetside was
      that once they upgraded their memory from 512 MGb to 1Gb RAm memory, it was like playing a whole new game.

Unfourtenatly, it seems the same case in UT2k4.
      We need to upgrade our RAM to 1GB. It should NOT be needed, but it appears to have helped some people here as well.

Should say minimum specs of atleast 512 RAM to play this game, but of course, which manufactor will put that on the box

On the other hand, memories are not that expensive today, and if you are planning to play DOOM III and Half-Life 2, you might as well want to invest in that extra memory. After all, it will help you whole system run faster with whatever you are running.
      For those working with Photoshop or similar software, the RAM upgrade will help a lot aswell.

Just my 2 cents...not even know if its worth listening to

Comment

[i]
        On the other hand, memories are not that expensive today, and if you are planning to play DOOM III and Half-Life 2, you might as well want to invest in that extra memory. After all, it will help you whole system run faster with whatever you are running.
        For those working with Photoshop or similar software, the RAM upgrade will help a lot aswell.

[/B]
        Here in Finland the upgrade from 512 DDR400 to 1024 DDR400 will cost around 100€ That is more than I was planning to pay for UT2004. And I won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosh83
          Here in Finland the upgrade from 512 DDR400 to 1024 DDR400 will cost around 100€ That is more than I was planning to pay for UT2004. And I won't.
          I know what you mean Finnish friend.

But in all honesty. 512 of DRAM for 100 Euros is not very much money. That of course, is all individual.
          But, of course it is not little money either.

Comment

Hi, this tallys with the tests ive done.

Check out my thread here : http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...29#post4826329

Comment

Working...
            X