Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

ut2003 help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ut2003 help

i found my ut2003 discs and decided to reinstall them and play some. after the install i went to network settings and chose cable/adsl since i have dsl high speed. but when i went to online play and tried to search for deathmatch games going. it does nothing. i hit refresh list and still nothing. so what am i doing wrong?

Anything in the log?

Comment

when i click on DM at the bottom all it says is querying master server. nothing else in the other 3 boxes

Comment

Oh, so it can't connect to the master server. See your UT2003/UT2003.log file and paste its contents to http://pastebin.com, then give us the link to the paste you created.

Comment

http://pastebin.com/7Z6mvTNQ

Comment

did you find anything in the log that is the problem?

Comment

man, i was really hoping to play today..sign i dont know what is wrong with my game. many years ago it worked no problem.

Comment

Well, this is really odd. The part there:
                Code:
                Log: Resolving ut2003master1.epicgames.com...
                Log: Resolved ut2003master1.epicgames.com -> 199.255.40.172
                Log: Connection established.
                Log: Connection closed!!
                says that the master server address has been resolved and you connected to it fine, but then the connection was closed all of a sudden. I don't really know what could cause such behaviour.

Comment

hmm wonder if i uninstall the game and reinstall would help... also do you think anything like avg virus protection or windows firewall would prevent connection?

Comment

It would be possible, but it's not really that you can't connect, but more that you connect, and then either the server or the client drops the connection. (Re-)installing the latest patch might work.

Comment

i have the 2225 patch already installed. is there a newer one?

Comment

i am wondering if the ut2003 master server is even online anymore.

Comment

Try reinstalling the patch, it sometimes helps. And yes, it should be online, after all you connect to it just fine for a split second.

Comment

well i still have not been able to fix this issue. i dont know what else i can do... sign

Comment

Working...
                            X