UT2003 Lag and the crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2003 Lag and the crash

After a total system reinstall, UT lags during online game and the crashes, this is the error i get:

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1602 MHz with 767MB RAM
    Video: RADEON 9700 PRO (6360)

General protection fault!

History: FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas:rawActor <- UCanvas::execDrawActor <- (SuperShockRifle DM-Plunge.SuperShockRifle @ Function Engine.Weapon.RenderOverlays : 028E) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (HudBDeathMatch DM-Plunge.HudBDeathMatch, Function Engine.HUD.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

i do not overclock at all, so im in wonderland at this
    Anny suggestions and help would we godlike to me

thnx

/brun

Here are some:

-Try running the game with only one RAM stick at the time. Are your comp's mobo's chipset drivers installed?. Does your comp has plenty of cooling?

Here is some more that, i've copied and pasted from another forum member. ( [FSB]Med )

Download Memtest86 - This allows you to create a boot floppy wich will run extensive tests on your memory. Its a great tool that many use, as is Prime95.

Do you have 2 sticks of ram ?? If you do try only one and see if this helps. Aldo install the older Via drivers. Could also be your power supply. Try unplugging any un-needed devcices (CD roms, Hard Disk etc...) see if this helps. The 4600's suck quite a bit of power it looks like its running out of juice when rendering D3D/OGL stuff. Try increasing your AGP voltag by say .05 in your BIOS.

Test 3Dmark 2003 and see if it does the same. This really hammers your GPU so should produce a "CRASH" the same as 2k3.

Run "msconfig" from the Run line and disable any unwanted startup items. Like the **** that usually build up in the Systray.

You could just format everything and start again. This will solve any "Software" issues

Comment

Working...
    X