Which maps use which songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which maps use which songs?

How can I check what map uses what song?

Open Unreal Editor 3, open a map, click with your right mouse button on an empty place on one of the 2D viewports and go to "Level Properties". Check Audio and see what songname is written there. Keep in mind that it's just the song name, not the file format. UT2004 uses OGG Vorbis of course so the file extension is ".ogg". For example the map CTF-AbsoluteZero has the soundtrack KR-Absolute_Zero as a soundtrack. In the folder it would be "KR-Absolute_Zero.ogg".

Comment

You can also press F6 or go to View>>Level Properties. A minor tidbit: Epic mappers have made mistakes on level file names before. ONS-Tricky has KR-Action2v2.ogg listed in the audio field -- this means the game looks for KR-Action2v2.ogg.ogg. So just give an ogg file that name, and you'll have music for Tricky. One of my favorite things about UT2004's music system is that the music files aren't locked down as in many other games, including the original UT/Unreal. You can replace ogg files as you see fit to make your own custom soundtrack without causing any sort of compatibility problems. You can even remove the music files entirely.

Comment

Thanks Sly. - One thing though, I noticed that DOM-ScorchedEarth doesn't have any music;
        I checked it with UE and it referenced a song called: KR-ChemicalBurn.
        I checked the Music folder in the ut2k4 dir and noticed that the song was called: KR-Chemical-Burn.
        So, I made a copy of "KR-Chemical-Burn" and named it: KR-ChemicalBurn. However, when I tried DOM-ScorchedEarth again, it still didn't have any music playing.

Originally posted by jefe View Post
        You can also press F6 or go to View>>Level Properties. A minor tidbit: Epic mappers have made mistakes on level file names before. ONS-Tricky has KR-Action2v2.ogg listed in the audio field -- this means the game looks for KR-Action2v2.ogg.ogg. So just give an ogg file that name, and you'll have music for Tricky. One of my favorite things about UT2004's music system is that the music files aren't locked down as in many other games, including the original UT/Unreal. You can replace ogg files as you see fit to make your own custom soundtrack without causing any sort of compatibility problems. You can even remove the music files entirely.
        Nice one jefe! Are there any other levels with messed up songs?

Comment

One of my favorite things about UT2004's music system is that the music files aren't locked down as in many other games, including the original UT/Unreal. You can replace ogg files as you see fit to make your own custom soundtrack without causing any sort of compatibility problems. You can even remove the music files entirely.
          At the cost of absolute inability to replicate music (and spawning crazy hacks like music as a sound file) and sacrificing much of the dynamic music features that were possible when they were actual packages.

Comment

@ut2k4 player:
            You might want to check out ONS-IslandHop. It doesn't have any soundtrack ingame either. I guess they made the same mistake there but I was just too lazy to take a look at that lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
              @ut2k4 player:
              You might want to check out ONS-IslandHop. It doesn't have any soundtrack ingame either. I guess they made the same mistake there but I was just too lazy to take a look at that lol
              Yeah, I noticed that too - turns out ONS-IslandHop doesn't reference any song at all,
              but what really bugs me is the DOM-ScorchedEarth problem,
              I mean I even made an .ogg with the name it references to (KR-ChemicalBurn instead to KR-Chemical-Burn) and yet it still doesn't play any music

Comment

Maybe the music volume is too low so that you don't hear it?

Comment

Originally posted by ut2k4 player View Post
                  Yeah, I noticed that too - turns out ONS-IslandHop doesn't reference any song at all,
                  but what really bugs me is the DOM-ScorchedEarth problem,
                  I mean I even made an .ogg with the name it references to (KR-ChemicalBurn instead to KR-Chemical-Burn) and yet it still doesn't play any music

Thanks for finding that one! I figured it was one of the levels without anything in the audio field, like DM-1on1-Serpentine or IslandHop. There's a space after the song name so you need to name the file 'KR-ChemicalBurn .ogg'.

Are you making a list of all the songs for default maps? Please post your findings here, and on the wiki! (also try highlighting the audio field, there might be another map or two with spaces.)

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  At the cost of absolute inability to replicate music (and spawning crazy hacks like music as a sound file) and sacrificing much of the dynamic music features that were possible when they were actual packages.
                  I liked the Unreal single player game's dynamic music quite a bit, it added a lot to the experience. However I feel completely different about online play - much of the time I don't like what people choose for their maps. With ut2004 I can pick a song I like instead. And I just avoid the servers with the hacky embedded music. UT3 on the other hand.... awesome soundtrack, terrible dynamic music system.

EDIT: Found another. CTF-Geothermal has KR-SniperTime listed. The song is actually named KR-Sniper-Time.

Comment

Normally it's true, but if you make things like the SP Framework, the current system is quite a bit lacking since it's quite inflexible.

Comment

Yeah, in SP-Framework it is a bit tricky but it's not impossible though

Comment

Thanks for finding that one! I figured it was one of the levels without anything in the audio field, like DM-1on1-Serpentine or IslandHop. There's a space after the song name so you need to name the file 'KR-ChemicalBurn .ogg'.

Are you making a list of all the songs for default maps? Please post your findings here, and on the wiki! (also try highlighting the audio field, there might be another map or two with spaces.)

I liked the Unreal single player game's dynamic music quite a bit, it added a lot to the experience. However I feel completely different about online play - much of the time I don't like what people choose for their maps. With ut2004 I can pick a song I like instead. And I just avoid the servers with the hacky embedded music. UT3 on the other hand.... awesome soundtrack, terrible dynamic music system.

EDIT: Found another. CTF-Geothermal has KR-SniperTime listed. The song is actually named KR-Sniper-Time.
                        Awesome jefe;
                        anyways, should this be stickied?
                        I mean people will want to know which maps have which messed up song references

Comment

I don't think its sticky-worthy, but I think it merits mentioning in the Liandri Archives or similar.

EDIT: I went ahead and added the info to their respective pages.

If you're compiling a list of all the songs for official maps, post the list here and I'll find a way to work it into the wiki. (Or you could add the info to the wiki, I'm not picky.)

Comment

Sorry for "bumping" this old thread, but I have a question in regards to this and I don't think a new thread is necessary. I wanted to ask, rather than renaming these .ogg files if it would cause any incompatibility or inability to play online on said maps if I were to go into the Unreal Editor 3.0 and change the names of the songs there. The reason is that I don't like having copys flying around in the music folder, but I don't want to delete the original files either because they might be used by other maps as well. Another reason is that I would like to add music to the maps that don't have any tracks in them. So, long talk short, can I add tracks in the editor, or will that make the maps unplayable online (ergo, count as cheating or altering the version of said map by doing that)?

Comment

Any change you save to a map will make it incompatible online. It won't count you as "cheating" but you will get a "file mismatch" error and will be unable to connect to the map.

Comment

Working...
                              X