Mouse Movement Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Movement Issue

I am currently running the most up to date version of UT2k4 on Ubuntu 8.10. The issue I am currently having is that when I am at the loading screen I see two copies of the mouse, a small black on and then the normal game one. It has some issues moving this and clicking buttons (but this is manageable) the real issue I am having here is that when in game I can only turn my view so far around before it stops moving... and then I can turn in the other direction to the same point till it stops again. Any ideas what causes this or if there are any fixes known for it? I crawled Google for a bit but did not find anything thusly I am posting here.

Hope I explained clear enough, if you need any other information let me know.

~Jeff

Yea, that's one usual bug with DirectInput. Try looking in your UT2004.ini and see if you can disable it. Also, how do you run UT2004? Through the Linux client? The x86_64 client? Wine?

Guys over at Wine says that to fix that problem you have to:
    I had to compile the source, applying the patch.
    Those of you beard to do so (and I understand), I was able to isolate the file you need to replace.
    I give the procedure for Ubuntu with installation of wine via a deb package.
    The zipped file here
    Download and decompress the archive in a temporary directory
    Make a backup of files:
    Open a terminal

[termlinux] sudo cp -p /usr/lib/wine/dinput.dll.so /usr/lib/wine/dinput.dll.so.old

Then, put in the temporary directory where it was unpacked the archive ... and copy files as follows:

[termlinux] sudo cp dinput.dll.so /usr/lib/wine/

Voil�! it's over. Good frag!
    I will update patched file.

Comment

I am running it natively under Linux, I will look into disabling direct input in my .ini and see if that helps... will get back to you shortly.

~Jeff

Comment

Not finding a .ini file in my UT2004 directories, is it a different file under linux?

~Jeff

Comment

I guess I will have to go post on Ubuntu boards and see if anyone there has any ideas to what my issue may be...

~Jeff

Comment

Someone over on the ubuntu forums was able to help me get this issue resolved. Apparently having compiz running was conflicting with UT2k4 Turning off compiz while in game solves the issue, ohh happy fragging

~Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X