Graphics Problem (stretching textures?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics Problem (stretching textures?)

iv been having this problem for awhile now, but its starting to appear more often and its starting to annoy me. below link is a quick screen shot i took

Pic here

that was just the last one, certainly not the worse, it kinda takes a texture and stretches it across the screen, happens randomly and to different things, its happens to terrain, static meshes, even on the weapon your holding, switch weapon, next weapon fine, switch bk, weapon still has same problem. and even happens to other players, like if my shock rifle stretches out in front of me, other players have the same thing, so i see all these stretched shock rifle's coming through walls and moving around..

has anyone else had this? iv tried a few diff drivers but i still seem to get it. happens on and off line, i have a GeForce 7900 graphics card, i dunno what other pc spec's to post other then that. UT3 runs fine and i don't have this problem there or with any other game, only ut2004.

also.. when i took that screen shot, you could see my weapon bar and weapon.. don't take ss's normally but im sure normally you see the weapon etc..

thx for any help

That's really really odd. The only thing I've seen stretching almost like that is Scorpion's web if it goes too high, but that's another issue... No idea how that could happen...

Comment

yeah it is a little odd.. iv also reinstalled ut many times and everyone has had this problem so im guessing its my pc settings somewhere and not ut settings :/

Comment

ok.. sorry for double post but this just happened for the 1st time in the editor as well...

Pic2 here

Comment

triple post.. but Pic3, the celling, pillar feet, flood ledges all shiny all shouldn't be like that.. its not.. to bad in the sence this doesn't mess up my game.. but it does annoy me :/ any ideas at all what this could be? :/

Comment

Nope... Tried deleting UT2004.ini/User.ini/repatching/reinstalling?

Comment

yeah, iv even got 3 install's of ut2k4 for different reasons and each has that same problem guess im only person who has it :/

Comment

ok.. my pc freezes when i play in insta action now, looks fine, runs fine, when a few textures suddenly strech, then game freezes :/ online doesnt freeze but the textures still stretch alot, sometimes restart of ut helps, somtimes not :s has anyone ANY more idea's atall? this even happens in unrealed and is starting to get rly frustrating restarting every 5 minutes

Comment

That's really really odd. I mean, what you see stretching is Static Meshes. And as they are Static, they are bStatic therefore can not change position, not to mention the position of a single vertex. Do you have the latest graphics drivers?

Comment

yeah iv gone through several graphics drivers :S its just getting worse tho, it started off and happened once every 2/3 weeks, and i play every night, so not that much, it now happens before i get to the 2nd game online :S and freezes ut offline.. i duno why it only frezzes off-line and not on-line.. kinda strange.. reinstall didnt work, new drivers didnt work. i duno what else to try, iv not changed anything for this to happen as far as im aware.. just gradually got worse.. and it only happens in UT.. :S

Comment

About online and offline, that's easy to say why, clients mostly do nothing online, that's the server that calculates and sends all data. Yet you shouldn't see this online as well, as that might be quite cheating - you can see enemies that have streched guns through walls...

Comment

ah, i knew servers did most the work, i just thought it been a graphics problem (i think 0-o) it wouldn't make a difference weather it was on-line or off-line. and yes.. i can see stretched weapons through walls.. which is one reason why i want to fix it, as server i play on most has screenshot sender lol, it seems to happen to the same weapons/meshes tho, only seems to effect shield and shock for weapons, the shock extends the entire length of the map, the shield goes up, rather there out, can see it in 1st and 3rd person. Its normally the same textures that appear stretched too.. altho its hard to be exact :/

Comment

More than likely a graphics card issue. Try replacing it.

Comment

Check the fans on your PC. That often happens when a graphics card overheats. It happens in other games as well not just this one its a common problem among gamers.

Comment

hmm only happens with ut2004 tho, ut3 runs fine :/ the card is pretty old now and prob covered in dust, wouldn't help a clean i guess ^^ thx

Comment

Working...
                              X