X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Corrumtion then desktop screen flickering - not a heat issue

Specs:
    Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 2.5Ghz
    XFX Geforce 7900GT 540/1400 (stock overclock)
    SB Audigy SE
    2x Seagate Barracuda in RAID0

Ok after a few minutes of playing the screen will freeze with corruption. After it goes back to normal I exit the game and when I go back to my desktop my screen will turn on and off about every 15 seconds untill I reboot. If I stay in the game it will freeze WITHOUT corruption every 15 seconds or so and the screen stays on.

When the freeze happens the game still recognizes my key presses and if I move around while frozen (altho I cant see it) I am in fact still moving. When the freeze stops Im at a different point in the map.

UT2004 is the only game that does this. My temps at the time of the issue is 52C on the CPU and 61C on the GPU.

mh, drivers and game (version 3369) are up-to-date?

Comment

game is up to date

tried the 162 and 94.xx and it still happens.

PSU is an Ultra X2 550 watt

Comment

Heat, open the case and direct a desk-top fan at the internals, check temps and compare them. Play UT as before and see if that is still the case. Get back with the results.

Duca

Comment

Not sure if you got cool bits in the reg so u can see and set your cards clock frequency but I would have that first.

On 1 of my PC's I have a 7600 GT 580/1500 stock core and memory clocks and I run it at 605/820 and that is quite good!

I would try to "detect optimal Frequencies" first on your card then try that.Optimal frequencies for my evga 7600 GT is 605/809 and if I try to push the memory clock past 820 then I will have troubles.

I would say that your memory clock if it is set past optimal frequencies by 5 or more then you will have troubles! Maybe for your 7900 GT try 540 core clock and 750 memory clock.

Heres Coolbits for your display props:
          http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815

Heres some other stuff:
          http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Comment

Back off on the OC all the way back to stock speeds

Try backing off on the OC and see if that helps. UT2004 is very sensitive to ram and cpu under OC. And your running alot of it.

Comment

Well I don't know if this may help. I was fixing a screen that was emitting the same problems as yours was and it was the monitor trying to force another resolution to something other than the one originally set. A few monitor tweaks and all was well. You blame UT but you quote in your first post that it is still showing this problem AFTER exiting UT, that says something. Try a different but NATIVE resolution that your monitor can handle comfortably.

Duca

Comment

Working...
              X