No announcement yet.

Link Gun Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, so you use UTComp 1.6 to fix it? I also got locked-up when using the Shockrifle, and Energy Turret. Are they related?

Comment

I was reading over the posts in the thread. You said the problem was when the sketeton was falling. It freezes when the LG beam is shot, regardless if it kills somebody. Does that complicate things or not?

Comment

Very weird. You could try contacting the official tech support, though they might not do much.

Comment

I sent a massage to them today. I also downloaded a Omega driver for my vid card, but that did not do anything. I am very confused.

Comment

Actually, just rereading the thread, it could be card related. Try using a mate's graphics card.

Comment

You see, I'm using a Laptop and its hard to get inside because I need a special screw-driver. What kind of card do you recommend? I have a nVidia Geforce from my old computer.

Comment

What actual card in the old computer? I would reccoment if your on a ultra budget side, a 6600GT or a X800GT/GTO2. If a little higher, a 7600GT or a x1800.

Comment

Well, I was fiddling around with my computer and was able to get to the card. It is not compatible with the other one I have. I really do not want to go out and buy a new card when I JUST bought the game for 29.99.

Comment

Just make sure you are using the latest patch 3369. Otherwise I cant think of any other reason besides graphics drivers or directx drivers issues.

Comment

Yeah, its 3369. Thats one of the first things I thought of when I had this problem. I am on my way to the directX webbsite to see what I can do.

Comment

I was brave today and tried playing Team Deathmatch WITHOUT Arena Assault Rifles on. I made sure UTComp was one, and I played. I freaked out when a bot shot me with the link gun beam, but it didn't freeze. I got through the game fine. BUT, when I played Onslaught, I was taking a powernode and, (since I thought it was safe) started using my Link Guns to help build the node. It FROZE! So, I kinda (it froze again on CTF once) fixed one problem, but still have a bug in Onslaught. Very wierd, eh?

Comment

YAY! ITS FIXED! I GOT A NEW COMPUTER AND ITS WORKING FINE ON IT! I HAVE MAXED OUT ALL OF THE DISPLAY SETTINGS, BECAUSE THE COMPUTER IS AWSOME! THANKS TO ALL ESPECIALLY MysTikal for staying on the thread.

Comment

Good you got it fixed. Knew it was something hardware related.

Comment

Working...
                            X