FPS oddly going down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPS oddly going down...

Hmmm, I use to be able to have great fps. Now in most maps, such as Campgrounds, Goliath, etc. I have horrible fps! It just happened all of the sudden, and I didn't do anything. Is there a solution? :bulb:

Im not an expert, but just a guess could be that maybe your memory is old and worn out. Im pretty sure a good graphics card with alot of fps will wear out your memory.

Comment

Really? So I have to get a new graphics card?

Comment

Yes. If you want to help the FPS. Maybe its just getting a bit worn out. I suggest a 7600GS, cheap as chips, and will be able to run UT2007. Make sure you get a version compatible with your mobo though, PCI-E doesnt fit in AGP slots.

Comment

If you used to have good FPS I'd start looking at what you have lately changed about your computer. New drivers? Viruses, trojans or other malware? Background services/tasks/processes.
          As far as hardware problem goes, I suggest looking over your cooling. Overheating is a common cause of performance/stability problems.

Comment

Electronics won't slowdown because they are Old and Worn Out. They'll start causing system instability though.

Do what Naked Ape suggested, especially look for Spyware.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyReed89
              Im not an expert, but just a guess could be that maybe your memory is old and worn out. Im pretty sure a good graphics card with alot of fps will wear out your memory.
              WTF??
              Erm, no. Memory does cease to function eventually (and by eventually I mean a long, long time). Fast FPS does not cause it, nor does a fast CPU, fast hard drive etc etc. Memory eventually wears out because of the material it is made of, which gradually flakes off (microscopically) over the course of time. It will take tens of years for this to happen though, possibly hundreds. Faster FPS will not cause it to wear out any quicker.

I second Naked Ape's suggestion, though if you just want an excuse to buy a new videocard do it, however if there are any other problems on your PC a new card won't solve them.

Comment

Ah, if you are familiar with Ad-Aware, I kept forgetting to do that for 86 days... Would this be the problem.

Comment

Could be, If any adware is hoging your CPU youl see a big impact on FPS in games.

Comment

Working...
                  X