Little help here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I fixed the problem.. Thanks for trying to help though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, no vid card fan..
    1. my clothes dryer died a couple days ago, and had to get a new one.
    2. I think my card is dying. Sometimes when I'm reading stuff online, the text will look kind of funny.. I have to highlight the text. and click on the page to kill the highlight, and fix the text.

It still works fine, just have to sometimes correct text on screen..
    At least if it is dying, it's not going out like my last ATi card did. 1 day my video acted like it had a huricane going through it, and it just went out. I popped the video card out, and it had scorch marks on it under the heat sink.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    on the top grey arrow, you will see a black chip with a magnifying glass over it, which comes up with speed and temperature charts. thats what i meant by computer chip.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I still see no temp reading

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't worry about the 300/500 thing, it automatically switches to 500 when you open up a 3D program like a game... you'll notice when you start a game with the status monitor up, it'll change to 500MHz automatically, nothing wrong with that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THe top box has nothing of what you said, but the bottom one does
    It shows core, and memory clock.. No tempts.
    The "standard 2d" core is at 300.. I was messing around with the drop down menu, and clicked on performance 3D, and it changed the stuff.. I just put it back at 2d

[IMG]http://members.***.net/joseph0483/videocard.jpg[/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Go here to download Rivatuner, install and run the program, you will get 2 dropdown boxes, and a diagonal grey arrow underneath each one, click on the top grey arrow, and select the picture of the computer chip, you will then get a page up showing you the clock speeds and temperature of your card, run UT2004, (in a window maybe) and keep an eye on the temperatures you are getting, what is the highest, and what seems to be the average? I've never had a problem with my 6600GT before, and the only person i know who did allowed it to be tuned by the "Nvidia autotuner", which went way over the top.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nothing on my computer is overclocked
    Core Clock - 300
    Memory Clock - 900

I don't know where it says the temp of anything.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When UT locks up, can you exit it and get back to windows?

If you can, look up a program called RivaTuner and get to "hardware monitoring", it'll keep track of your Graphics card temperatures, if theyre above 70C, then get the new heatsink etc.. if it's in the mid 60s, then dont waste your money, its more than likely to be something else, it's not overclocked is it? what are the core and memory clocks? they should be around 500 for the core, and 1125 for the memory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heh.. I made that mistake the first time I put the card in.. When I booted, it whined about not having enough power because of that.. I shut it down, and plugged it in.

The power unit is 530.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know this is a very basic question, but have you plugged a molex power cable into the back of it? There are a few people who do miss this fine point out, and i thought I'd make sure of it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have no idea how much help you've been.. I haven't yet ordered it, but I'm going to tomorrow.. I'm thinking which one I should get atm.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    About $25 bucks at Newegg.

I think they have the Zalman, too, for $30 bucks or so.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I ordered it online, no taking it back..

How much did the cooler that you got cost?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The stock HSF should be adequate for regular, non-overclocked use, unless the card is defective, your case has poor ventilation, or you live in a volcano or something. Maybe you should make sure there is adequate air moving through your case, which could lower the temperature by a bit. Or you could move out of that volcano.

The 6600GT AGP is the ******* stepchild as far as cooling solutions go. The odd positioning of the GPU means most aftermarket HSFs won't work with it.

Zalman makes a cooler that will work with the 6600 AGP, but the positioning is slightly ODD

THIS is what I use on my 6600GT PCI-E. It should work on any card, but as you can see, you have to make sure you have room in your case, and you MUST have adequate air flow.

Mine happened to go perfectly with my case, in that the fins are directly in front of the exhaust fan. It runs about 8C less than the stock HSU, and it dead silent. It was a mild hassle to install, but worth it in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X