Match randomly ends early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well, I don't know... But if I were you, I would investigate a little more in depth the folder and path= things, just to be absolutely sure. Too bad... I have no time to elaborate on my theory...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been pretty careful sofar - paying attention to the precedence order in the paths as well. The stock ut2004.ini is always in the system folder. All other mods' files are subordinate to that. Just wish I knew when this problem first cropped up.. and/or what patch did it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Match randomly ends early

Originally posted by Imaginos
    that is, a stock ut2004.ini with additional path= lines added to accomodate multiple mod installs
    Maybe you have duplicate files in different folder? Or maybe a file is not in the expected folder? Or maybe UT looks in his own system folder by default? Did you try with a plain vanilla UT installation with no "alien" folders? I've seen this problem in the past and path= and custom folders were the culprit. My 2ยข.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh yes. The match ends early with time on the gameclock. Not a sync issue with the announcer as best as I can tell.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Match randomly ends early

Originally posted by Imaginos
    Maybe it's triggered if over 32 players come and go from my server in the course of a game. I'm really at a loss here. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
    Unless it's something specific to Deathball, it won't be that - I've often had more than 32 players come and go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it really ending early, or does the ending not correspond with the announcer. I have had issues with other gametypes where the announcer was anywhere from 5-30 seconds off the actual clock time. Check to see if the announcer is following the clock time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No Mickey Mouse

- ok, was a bad one, I admit

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Match randomly ends early

Match randomly ends early

I host Deathball and I've been dealing with a wierd problem on one of my servers for some time now. Now as the subject says, the match will sometimes end anywhere up to 40 seconds early. I just can't figure out why. The ingame announcer often barks out "thirty seconds remaining" and the game suddenly ends. No other Deathball server is experiencing this, just mine right now.

My setup has normally been UT2Vote in the multimod config - that is, a stock ut2004.ini with additional path= lines added to accomodate multiple mod installs as well as the expected configuration sections. For mutators, on top of UT2Vote and its dummymutators, I normally use UTAN and ServerExt107 for team balancing as well as the enhanced query serveractor.
    All of the above were removed one by one to see if they caused the early endgame. None did. I even tested using only the built-in mapvote. Still endgamed early at random.
    I have deleted the ini and started with a fresh one several times as well. No help. edit -- my hosting is with ReconGamer and they use MS windows Server2000 boxes.

I am wondering if there is possible interaction on the box with another server.. maybe the box can't handle it - maybe there's an ONS server hosted on that box too and mapchanges kill mine. Maybe it's triggered if over 32 players come and go from my server in the course of a game. I'm really at a loss here. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
Working...
X