Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zounds51 wont work????????

Hi guys,
    If I try to host a game with the following mods installed I have a problem.

Mods:-
    InstaGib
    MM UT2004 RPG
    Monster Manager
    QuadJump
    Regeneration
    Zound

Ok so there are all the mutators I use. The problem I have is with Zound. If I host a game using the LISTEN option then it works with out any problems. So I would prefer to use a batch file to launch the game and when I do that it doesn’t work. Zound will display what I can type if I use “mutate zounds” in the console window but I am still unable to hear ANY sounds. Incase it is my batch file that launches the game here that is too

My Batch File:-
    @echo off
    D:
    CD \ut2004\system
    :10
    ucc server DM-(IN)DomeOfDOOM_rev2?BonusVehicles=false?Game=Monst erManager_1_8.MMInvasion?Mutator=XGame.MutInstaGib ,UT2004MMRPG_4.MutUT2004RPGMM,MonsterManager_1_8.M utMonsterManager,XGame.MutQuadJump,XGame.MutRegen, Zound51.Zound?bAutoNumBots=False?NumBots=0?Listen? Name=WindyBut?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=U2Skaarj 6?team=255?MaxSpectators=2,AdminName=WindyBut,Admi nPassword=pw? ini=Server.ini log=server.log
    copy server.log sServerCrash.log
    goto 10

So can any please tell why, if I use the above batch file or I use DEDICATED from the host menu, zounds won’t work?

Windybut

any messages in server log about zound when you start the server?

also try moving zound to the front of the listed mutators...

Comment

still not working ?

Frogger
      There is only one that says "<< Starting Zound51 >>" and thats it!! There are no errors listed there. I also moved the zound to the front of the mutator list AND removed the rest of them to see if that worked but it didn't. I am going to ask you for a favour now. How about you making a standard server that has Zound as the only mutator and post the batch file here for me to copy.

My logic is this, if it works for you then it SHOULD work for everyone right? You see I have only just learnt how to do this server lark (in the last week infact) and I am wondering if my ut2004.ini could be at fault? So having a standard server with ONLY the Zound mutator would tell me that my ini file is wrong.

I won't bug you about this so I'll leave it up to you. Thanks very much for trying to help me so far

WindBut

Comment

i have just arrived in Singapore for the week so I can't test anything from here...but I can post a working bat file using UT2Vote (which runs zound)

ucc server DM-Campgrounds2005-SC1?game=XGame.xDeathMatch?mutator=UT2Vote51B3.UT2 VoteX?ini=ribservers.ini multihome=38.113.137.88 log=1400.log copy 1400.log servercrash.log goto 10

ut2vote.ini has
        ServerMuts=WaitLimit.MutWaitLimit,UTExtra14B4.UTEx tra,Kamikaze.MutKamikazeCombo,
        DemoRecord41.DemoRecord,UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod,z ound51.zound,
        UT2k3Style.MutUT2k3Style,UTClassic.MutUseLightning ,PingCompensation2.MutPingCompensation,
        bN_RealUtils_v17rc8c.bN_RPMutator

A generic that I am sure would work on my servers:
        ucc server DM-Campgrounds2005-SC1?game=XGame.xDeathMatch?mutator=zound51.zound? log=1400.log copy 1400.log servercrash.log goto 10

Comment

oops my fault again

Frogger
          I am so embarrassed now because I decided to read the instructions again and I found out that it was my fault that Zound wasn’t working. You see I forgot to place the sound files in “ServerPackages=” part of my ini file. Even though I had forgotten to do that it would still work if I used the LISTEN option and fail if I use a Batch file.

All I have to do know is figure out how to make the server use other maps like CTF ones etc in my Extreme Invasion game using mapvote.

Ah well thank you so much for taking the time to try and help me fix the problem. Enjoy your trip to Singapore mate and have a great time.

WindyBut

Comment

Here is a place which has alot of information on server setup:

UnrealAdmin Tutorials

Comment

Re: oops my fault again

Originally posted by windybut
              All I have to do know is figure out how to make the server use other maps like CTF ones etc in my Extreme Invasion game using mapvote.

UT2Vote will make most of your worries go away...

Comment

Re: Re: oops my fault again

Originally posted by Frogger
                UT2Vote will make most of your worries go away...
                I gree that mapvote will do that but I wanted a Extreme invasion game type and I wish to use the other type of maps such br,ons,ctf. So how I go about doing that? :bulb:

I have just found out I still have a bug with Zounds too :cry:. If I run the server using LISTEN then I hear the startup message but if I launch the game from a batch file then I don't hear the startup message. No idea why that is but either way I can still use Zounds in the game. Maybe it's the way I pull my face or move the mouse when loading :haha:.

So what to do about wanting to use those other map types then?

Windybut

Comment

UT2Vote is not the same as maptvote.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                    UT2Vote is not the same as maptvote.

WHO SAID THAT ?

/me loading rocketlauncher

Comment

I must admit that I was a bit confused by the new zound mutator also, I too had probs installing it and actually getting it to work. First off you obviously need to have your custom sound file in .uax format. when creating the sound files to convert to .uax the sound format cannot be anything about a 22.000 8bit mono format. I had issues with sounds not playing at that rate or they were distorted. I have found that the 16.000 8bit mono format is just perfect for zounds and you can convert them using the windows sound recorder.

UT2004.ini
                      You must have zound listed in here as well. I have mine set as a ServerActors= in my .ini which means it runs always, in all gametypes, also you must have the soundfile(.uax) listed in the serverpackages line too. If you are using UT2Vote49 or above you'll also need to list zound in the ServerMuts line of UT2Vote, unless of course it will be voteable.

[Engine.GameEngine]
                      CacheSizeMegs=32
                      UseSound=True
                      VoIPAllowVAD=False
                      ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
                      ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
                      ServerActors=CustomPunishment100.MutCustomPunishme nts
                      ServerActors=AntiTCC118e.MutAntiTCCFinal
                      ServerActors=Zound51.Zound
                      ServerPackages=Core
                      ServerPackages=Engine
                      ServerPackages=Fire
                      ServerPackages=Editor
                      ServerPackages=IpDrv
                      ServerPackages=UWeb
                      ServerPackages=GamePlay
                      ServerPackages=UnrealGame
                      ServerPackages=XEffects
                      ServerPackages=XPickups
                      ServerPackages=XGame
                      ServerPackages=XWeapons
                      ServerPackages=XInterface
                      ServerPackages=Vehicles
                      ServerPackages=TeamSymbols_UT2003
                      ServerPackages=TeamSymbols_UT2004
                      ServerPackages=BonusPack
                      ServerPackages=SkaarjPack_rc
                      ServerPackages=SkaarjPack
                      ServerPackages=UTClassic
                      ServerPackages=UT2k4Assault
                      ServerPackages=Onslaught
                      ServerPackages=GUI2K4
                      ServerPackages=UT2k4AssaultFull
                      ServerPackages=OnslaughtFull
                      ServerPackages=OnslaughtBP
                      ServerPackages=xVoting
                      ServerPackages=UT2Vote49
                      ServerPackages=TNTclanpack
                      ServerPackages=3SPNv250
                      ServerPackages=3SPNTexv240
                      ServerPackages=zounds1.uax
                      ServerPackages=ChaosVortexV2
                      ServerPackages=Vortex_Extras1v1
                      ServerPackages=VortexExtrasv1
                      ServerPackages=VortexInterfacev1
                      ServerPackages=VortexPickupsv1
                      ServerPackages=VortexSounds1v1
                      ServerPackages=VortexSounds2v1
                      ServerPackages=VortexSounds3v1
                      ServerPackages=SwitchArsenal
                      ServerPackages=AntiTCC118e

UT2Vote
                      ServerMuts=CustomPunishment100.MutCustomPunishment s,Zound51.Zound

Zound.ini
                      I won't show you the whole .ini cause it's long but make sure that showtrigger,bzound and announce are all set to true. I have noticed that if you are going have sounds only for admin then you need to have a seperate sound file. Just having two triggernames set to admin only/hidden=true caused it to stop working.

[Zound51.ZoundConfigs]
                      bZound=True
                      SoundDelay=8
                      LoginDelay=3
                      SoundsEach=50
                      DelaysEach=1
                      Dedicated=True
                      ShowTrigger=True
                      bAnnounce=True
                      bBuffSound=False
                      bBotsTalk=False
                      ZoundVolume=2.0
                      NoSpecToPlayer=False
                      Say24HourTime=False
                      NewGameTrig=0
                      EndGameTrig=0
                      RepeatDelay=5

[Zound51.ZTriggers]
                      Zounds=(Soundname="PlayerEnter",Triggername="Playe rEnter",SoundFilename="",Hidden=True,AdminOnly=Fal se,Random=0)
                      Zounds=(Soundname="PlayerExit",Triggername="Player Exit",SoundFilename="",Hidden=True,AdminOnly=False ,Random=0)
                      Zounds=(Soundname="hello",Triggername="hello",Soun dFilename="",Hidden=True,AdminOnly=False,Random=0)
                      Zounds=(Soundname="byebye",Triggername="byebye",So undFilename="",Hidden=True,AdminOnly=False,Random= 0)
                      Zounds=(Soundname="newgame",Triggername="newgame", SoundFilename="",Hidden=True,AdminOnly=False,Rando m=0)
                      Zounds=(Soundname="midgame",Triggername="midgame", SoundFilename="",Hidden=True,AdminOnly=False,Rando m=0)
                      Zounds=(Soundname="endgame",Triggername="endgame", SoundFilename="",Hidden=True,AdminOnly=False,Rando m=0)
                      Zounds=(Soundname="ho",Triggername="ho",SoundFilen ame="zounds1",Hidden=False,AdminOnly=False,Random= 0)
                      Zounds=(Soundname="anna1",Triggername="anna1",Soun dFilename="zounds1",Hidden=False,AdminOnly=False,R andom=0)
                      Zounds=(Soundname="call",Triggername="call",SoundF ilename="zounds1",Hidden=False,AdminOnly=False,Ran dom=0)

Comment

AnnaBeaver, are you sure it should be in as a serveractor? I don't think that has any effect when you are running it as a servermut.

And it's still needs the ServerPackages=Zound51 line too.

Comment

AnnaBeaver
                          Thank you for your help but I too realised my mistake. It was not puting the .aux files in the ServerPackages and that's why they were not working. I now have two problems.

1..The only proble now is this. If I run UT2004 server from the HOST menu, from the LISTEN option then I here the startup message but I wanted to run it from a batch file. Which by the way I am now doing. But when the server is started from a batch file I don't here the startup message, so why is that ? Instead the game pause for about 2 seconds and then I here the usual count down from ten.

2..I use the mapvote build in to UT2004 but I want to allow players to choose any map type such as BR,ONS,CTF. I know this can be done while playing invasion as the server I usually play on called Misty'sPlayground does this and they use the default mapvote too.

Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

from the newly stickified thread Mapvote Setup (isn't Penguin sexah..:heart: )

Comment

Working...
                            X