Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by hmishima
    I already have done that...just trying to solve the problem for my own personal satisfaction. As a System Admin by trade, I don't like leaving problems unsolved
    understood..:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I already have done that...just trying to solve the problem for my own personal satisfaction. As a System Admin by trade, I don't like leaving problems unsolved

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i meant is there any reason you can't just change the port to something else?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope. Not at all, and again, it's doesn't affect everyone. I have no problem, but others, mainly Comcast people, do. But they can connect to other servers on that same port...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sounds like a network issue somewhere..do you have an issue running on something other than 7777?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Very strange port problem

Very strange port problem

I've kind of been hisitant to bring this up since I really don't know what could be causing it, but here goes...no servers on our colo are accessable to everyone if they are running on port 7777 anymore. I had to switch everything to a different port. Now, this doesn't affect all players, just some of them...we noticed the majority of them were Comcast subscribers or people who jump through Comcast's network to get to us (determined via tracert). At first I though Comcast was blocking that port for some reason, but most of our Comcast players can get to other servers running on 7777. I also thought someone might be DOS attacking, but the colo host says there is nothing like that happening nor are they seeing any network issues. And, I and others, not being on Comcast, am not affected by this whatsoever. I checked everything I can think of on the colo (Server 2003 Enterprise) and see nothing wrong. Nothing in the Host file, etc. Windows Firewall is NOT ACTIVE. Does anyone have any clue what could cause this?...I'm leaning towards it being more of a network issue that we cannot resolve at this point, but I just want to be sure.
Working...
X