X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doh. Brain out moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
      QettoE, are you still having this issue? UTAN works flawlessly here...the banned players able to come back in an play?
      Yeah I think so. People I banned a few days ago and added to UTAN have been playing on our server yesterday. Here is what I've got in my INI:

[UTANBanManager100.MutUTAN]
      UTANUserName=QettoE
      UTANPassHash=****************
      bReceiveUTANBans=True
      bReceiveGISPBans=True
      bReceiveIPs=True
      bReceiveAimbot=True
      bReceiveAnnoyance=True
      bReceiveSkinHack=True
      bReceiveWallHack=True
      bReceiveOther=True
      bShowInServerName=False
      bAllowTracking=False
      bAllowKickReporting=False
      OffenderSearch=
      ScanRegion=*

This last line is what I'm not very sure about. I set it to wildcard and it didn't work, then I set it to region 4 (US Central) and still does not work.

QettoE

Comment

Originally posted by Keith_C
        Don't forget that it may take a map change or two for a ban to take effect.
        Seriously, we've NEVER had that happen. It's always been instant for us.

Comment

Originally posted by hmishima
          Hmm, can't see how - the server won't reject until it's updated it's CD key list, which it'll only do at a map change.

Comment

Originally posted by QettoE
            Yeah I think so. People I banned a few days ago and added to UTAN have been playing on our server yesterday. Here is what I've got in my INI:

[UTANBanManager100.MutUTAN]
            UTANUserName=QettoE
            UTANPassHash=****************
            bReceiveUTANBans=True
            bReceiveGISPBans=True
            bReceiveIPs=True
            bReceiveAimbot=True
            bReceiveAnnoyance=True
            bReceiveSkinHack=True
            bReceiveWallHack=True
            bReceiveOther=True
            bShowInServerName=False
            bAllowTracking=False
            bAllowKickReporting=False
            OffenderSearch=
            ScanRegion=*

This last line is what I'm not very sure about. I set it to wildcard and it didn't work, then I set it to region 4 (US Central) and still does not work.

QettoE
            Just leave the ScanRegion blank.

Comment

Originally posted by hmishima
              I assume you banned/kicked them from the game using admin commnads though?

Comment

Heh, bans with UT2Vote then UTAN, so then yes it's not immediate. My mistake.

Comment

Makes more sense!

You do realise though that like that it's never using the UTAN part?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith_C
                    Makes more sense!

You do realise though that like that it's never using the UTAN part?
                    i'm guessing he does same way i do sometimes...do a ban with UT2Vote (because its instant)..then after I am done playing I add the Guid to UTAN to push to other servers...I then remove UT2vote (just to get rid of repetitive)

Comment

i'm guessing he does same way i do sometimes...do a ban with UT2Vote (because its instant)..then after I am done playing I add the Guid to UTAN to push to other servers...I then remove UT2vote (just to get rid of repetitive)
                      Yeah, it's how I work too, plus my admins are only able to perform webadmin bans - the UTAN login is for my use only.

Just wanted to make quite sure the guy knew though

Comment

Oh yes, definitely Keith. We just place a 'Banned for x amount of levels' in UT2Vote so we don't have to go back in an remove that ban.

Fact is, we have so many servers we couldn't live without UTAN. It's a real godsend for us.

Comment

Cool - I only have 1 myself, but I might have more in the future, plus it means I'm never left thinking 'why are they banned' - I have the evidence to hand!

Comment

That's what I do too.

Comment

OK... I set my region to 4 (US Central) and I'm receiving my server bans, but it stopped receiving global bans!

QettoE

Comment

Originally posted by Riffage
                                Just leave the ScanRegion blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X