Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utan?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Doh. Brain out moment.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Frogger
      QettoE, are you still having this issue? UTAN works flawlessly here...the banned players able to come back in an play?
      Yeah I think so. People I banned a few days ago and added to UTAN have been playing on our server yesterday. Here is what I've got in my INI:

      [UTANBanManager100.MutUTAN]
      UTANUserName=QettoE
      UTANPassHash=****************
      bReceiveUTANBans=True
      bReceiveGISPBans=True
      bReceiveIPs=True
      bReceiveAimbot=True
      bReceiveAnnoyance=True
      bReceiveSkinHack=True
      bReceiveWallHack=True
      bReceiveOther=True
      bShowInServerName=False
      bAllowTracking=False
      bAllowKickReporting=False
      OffenderSearch=
      ScanRegion=*

      This last line is what I'm not very sure about. I set it to wildcard and it didn't work, then I set it to region 4 (US Central) and still does not work.

      QettoE

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Keith_C
        Don't forget that it may take a map change or two for a ban to take effect.
        Seriously, we've NEVER had that happen. It's always been instant for us.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by hmishima
          Seriously, we've NEVER had that happen. It's always been instant for us.
          Hmm, can't see how - the server won't reject until it's updated it's CD key list, which it'll only do at a map change.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by QettoE
            Yeah I think so. People I banned a few days ago and added to UTAN have been playing on our server yesterday. Here is what I've got in my INI:

            [UTANBanManager100.MutUTAN]
            UTANUserName=QettoE
            UTANPassHash=****************
            bReceiveUTANBans=True
            bReceiveGISPBans=True
            bReceiveIPs=True
            bReceiveAimbot=True
            bReceiveAnnoyance=True
            bReceiveSkinHack=True
            bReceiveWallHack=True
            bReceiveOther=True
            bShowInServerName=False
            bAllowTracking=False
            bAllowKickReporting=False
            OffenderSearch=
            ScanRegion=*

            This last line is what I'm not very sure about. I set it to wildcard and it didn't work, then I set it to region 4 (US Central) and still does not work.

            QettoE
            Just leave the ScanRegion blank.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by hmishima
              Seriously, we've NEVER had that happen. It's always been instant for us.
              I assume you banned/kicked them from the game using admin commnads though?

              Comment


                #22
                Heh, bans with UT2Vote then UTAN, so then yes it's not immediate. My mistake.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Makes more sense!

                  You do realise though that like that it's never using the UTAN part?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Keith_C
                    Makes more sense!

                    You do realise though that like that it's never using the UTAN part?
                    i'm guessing he does same way i do sometimes...do a ban with UT2Vote (because its instant)..then after I am done playing I add the Guid to UTAN to push to other servers...I then remove UT2vote (just to get rid of repetitive)

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Frogger
                      i'm guessing he does same way i do sometimes...do a ban with UT2Vote (because its instant)..then after I am done playing I add the Guid to UTAN to push to other servers...I then remove UT2vote (just to get rid of repetitive)
                      Yeah, it's how I work too, plus my admins are only able to perform webadmin bans - the UTAN login is for my use only.

                      Just wanted to make quite sure the guy knew though

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Oh yes, definitely Keith. We just place a 'Banned for x amount of levels' in UT2Vote so we don't have to go back in an remove that ban.

                        Fact is, we have so many servers we couldn't live without UTAN. It's a real godsend for us.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Cool - I only have 1 myself, but I might have more in the future, plus it means I'm never left thinking 'why are they banned' - I have the evidence to hand!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Frogger
                            i'm guessing he does same way i do sometimes...do a ban with UT2Vote (because its instant)..then after I am done playing I add the Guid to UTAN to push to other servers...I then remove UT2vote (just to get rid of repetitive)

                            That's what I do too.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              OK... I set my region to 4 (US Central) and I'm receiving my server bans, but it stopped receiving global bans!

                              QettoE

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Riffage
                                Just leave the ScanRegion blank.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X