Utan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utan?

There is a global ban and a server ban in UTAN. I was under impression that when you add someone to your server bans they'll get banned from all servers with your password hash running UTAN server actor, but it appears that it does not work that way.

Anyone knows what that "Your server bans" does?

Thanks.
    QettoE,

Any and all of your servers that are running the UTAN mutator (that have your username and pass in the config file), will not allow access to users that are banned in the "Your server bans" section of UTAN. (this doesn't affect anyone elses servers).

If you are accepting global bans (config defualt is set to True), all globally banned people will also be banned on your server, as well as any other server accepting global bans.

Only the main admins such as limited, Azazel and wormbo (first three that came to mind ) can set global bans.

Comment

It doesn't work. All folks in my server ban list can come back to my servers. I banned myself for test and I was able to join all my servers.

Is there any settings in UTAN link in WebAdmin to make it work?

QettoE

Comment

I'm not sure if this will matter, but what "Region for Bans" number have you set?

Maybe you have bReceiveUTANBans set to false?:bulb:

Comment

Don't use it. No point. It does nothing but deter booters in name. and fill your servers *.ini with hundreds of player listings of players that will most likely NEVER play on your server anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gammo
            Don't use it. No point. It does nothing but deter booters in name. and fill your servers *.ini with hundreds of player listings of players that will most likely NEVER play on your server anyway.
            You would be surprized.. but I wouldnt say that that is a reason not to use UTAN.

Comment

Originally posted by gammo
              Your missing the point. When an admin, such as myself, has multiple servers, they can ban a player from all of them in one fell swoop, and not have to go to each server and add the ban on each one. You don't HAVE to accept global bans, and furthermore, it's not by name, it's by GUID...which means CD keys.

Comment

Yeah Hmishima is right. When you have multiple servers you better off using it.

Comment

Where is your machine located QettoE? We're in Chi-town as well at FDCservers.net. AWESOME tech support and service.

Comment

Originally posted by hmishima
                    Where is your machine located QettoE? We're in Chi-town as well at FDCservers.net. AWESOME tech support and service.
                    Hey... Yeah I noticed low pings to your AS server too. My server is colocated at www.coloquest.com. I wanted to take it to FDC first but I've got a good deal on a 5mbit dedicated bandwidth and I decided to go there. I've got a 10mbit instead now. I'm very happy with them and I can go visit my machine anytime I want. It's a block away from where I work.

QettoE

Comment

Soz, I was speaking centric to my situation.... =[ In OZ were our server is located, none of your bans wich are mainly US and Europen based have no effect, those players don't come to our server to bot with 400+ ping..

=]

And yes I see the point of this if you are running multiple servers... for that it is a good idea....

=]

I still use it thou but have lal global updates and such turned off. In the case of our server it's easier to do it directly in the servers ini...

Comment

QettoE, are you still having this issue? UTAN works flawlessly here...the banned players able to come back in an play?

Comment

UTAN works great in the Deathball circles using a Community GISP so several admins can essentially create a global ban at our level.

Also, please don't test-ban yourself. They don't like seeing that.

Comment

Don't forget that it may take a map change or two for a ban to take effect.

Comment

*cough* shhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                              X