server key issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

server key issue

ive finally got the **** server goin again with help from you peeps and some inginuity

"""""router issues""""""

running a server from a router
    check this first make sure your the number 1 com and ip is 192.168.1.100

ok my issue now running the server on my personal com when trying to play afterawhile it says cd key already in use and gives me the boot kind of looks dumb admin gettin kicked out help??

I have the same problem. When I play the game and join the server I host on my LAN, I occasionally get CD key in use error messages. But this never seems to happen to me when Im playing other people's servers on the net. Im going to try changing the ports my server uses to see if that helps.

Anyone else know a way to fix this?

Comment

Question one, are you using the dedicated server package?
      If so, are you using the free dedicated server CD-Key you should have gotten generated to use with it?

If not, I suggest you do, you probably shouldn't use the key that came with your copy of UT2004, save that for your client. That might have something to do with it (can't say for sure though).

Comment

cd key

the problemm dosent happen all the time but enough to be a pain

i didnt d/l the free dedicated server im running it off my copy of ut however i did get a server key for the server

Comment

That's why. You can't use the server key if your not running the dedicated package. It overwrites the UT2004 key. Edit the registry with your normal key, or reinstall the game.

Comment

ty

i just downloaded the key is it on the registry and if so how do i remove it thanks for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by hmishima
              Edit the registry with your normal key, or reinstall the game.
              I don't know the exact location in te registry of the key off-hand...try searching for UT2004 in the registry.

Comment

I however, did download the dedicated server and am using the special server key. And I still have trouble with cd key in use messages at least once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by mdhutson
                  I however, did download the dedicated server and am using the special server key. And I still have trouble with cd key in use messages at least once a week.
                  I also used to have this from time to time. Hasn't happened in a while, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X