Server Hosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i rent my servers from www.mygamesters.com there cheap and run great i have no complaints from anyone

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Factor VIII has switched all our servers over to Edgegamers, great service, complete access to your server, and good support staffing.

http://www.edgegamers.com/

Edgegamers.com game servers are hosted on Tier 1 bandwidth providers, SBC and Allegiance, built on a Cisco powered network. The servers are powered by either Windows Server 2003 or Debian 3.0 Stable Linux, run on machines with 1GB of RAM and have Athlon XP 3000+ processors. Each account also comes with the Kronos Control Panel allowing you complete remote control of your game server including restarts, setting command line options, FTP access and switching game types through a web administration interface.

Cisco Powered Network
    Every Edgegamers.com game server is connected to a 100% Cisco Powered Network. Using enterprise-class Cisco networking gear, all routers, layer-2 switches, and layer-3 switches are tested in labs prior to deployment to ensure stability and interoperability.

Redundant High Bandwidth Connectivity
    Using multiple Tier 1 Service Providers, Edgegamers.com game servers provide 99.9% uptime, ensuring the highest degree of security against network downtime and the fastest possible data transfers.

Dynamic Routing
    Edgegamers.com game servers run the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP4) for best case routing. The BGP4 protocol is a standard that allows for the routing of packets of information sent out from our network. Each packet of information is evaluated and sent over the best route possible. Because of our redundant network architecture, packets may be sent via alternative routes even if they are being delivered to the same end user. Should one of our providers fail, packets leaving our network are automatically redirected through another route via a different provider.

http://www.edgegamers.com/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SpazzTic: You've been around awhile. I seriously expected a little more class than you recommending yourself. Surely you have a few customers lurking in here that would offer a more unbiased recommendation.

JDIKnight2: That's great, assuming you know how to run and secure the whole server. You also have little or no support for problems with latency or game performance. I could go on, but unless you're already an experienced sysadmin, a dedicated box is not at all the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i use trucal have used a few others theses guys are great u get commandline acces via ftp the bat file is in system folder as it should be you have start stop web control full ftp access set maxclientrate ,tic rate ,cachesizemegs whatever u want within reason of course excellent support as far as if theres a problem with the network or poorserver performance which only happened once as they needed to add another box lol they did and excellent service since. free teamspeak server locations in dallas and sanjose .limk is in sig below

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lets just look at the prices...for 55.00 a month you get squat...nothing but permission to run a server and have limited access...

For 99-129 a month you can have your OWN server..run it as you wish and have as many slots as you can handle, PLUS run HTTP, Mail and FTP...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Check the sig. Ask for Potsie -- best routing on the planet...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks frogger. anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    www.sglhosting.com has been nothing short of stellar. Great prices, but more importantly great support. we have and do use vsk for some of our servers. and this was the main reason I went elsewhere when looking for a host for Arcade. It's on the same backbone as VSK (i think)...so you get similar performance...just 100X better experience.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Server Hosts?

Server Hosts?

I would like to get some suggestions on server hosts. We are switching from VSK because of poor support. Please give me some links of some respectful server hosts for decent prices with a good support team. Thanks
Working...
X