Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Zound Problem... again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zound Problem... again!

I've had Zound mutator on my server for a while. It just stopped working with no obvious error.

You connect to the server, download the package and sound file, and when you join the game you can't get it to say a word. Mutate Zounds works in the console and will show you the list of available Zounds, but nothing happens then.

I then upgraded to Zound 45, redid my ini file, redid my .uax file and nothing worked.

Any ideas?

)o(QettoE

can you post the serverpackages you are running as well as ony mut lines..are you running ut2vote, or how are you starting the mutator

Comment

ServerPackages and Command Line

I have these for server packages:

ServerPackages=OmniZoundsss
      ServerPackages=Zound45

Server Command Line:

Mutator=Zound45.Zound

Zound45.ini:

[Zound45.ZoundConfigs]
      SoundFileName1=OmniZoundsss.uax
      SoundFileName2=
      SoundFileName2=
      bZound=True
      SoundDelay=5
      LoginDelay=3
      SoundsEach=10
      DelaysEach=1
      Dedicated=True
      SayTrigger=False
      bAnnounce=True
      bBuffSound=False
      ZoundVolume=1.75
      StandardServer=True
      NoSpecToPlayer=False

[Zound45.ZTriggers]
      Sounds[0]=10secs
      Sounds[1]=artist
      Sounds[2]=askinyou
      and so on...

Thanks,

Comment

Im running into a few problems running it myself. I have a few questions about the setyup.

1) Do the sound files have to be in the system folder or do they stay in the Sounds folder?

2) Does the ServerPackages= lines have to have the file extension or a folder path or just normal?

3) In the Zound config, you are supposed to put the .uax at the end of the file name right?

Comment

answer

1. In Sounds folder.
          2. No extension. Only ServerActors may have extensions.
          3. In Zound config you must specify the extension. I never used it without.

Q.

Comment

i see no issues with this info...when i get home i'll post my lines for reference...in your server dialog/server log..can you see zound being initiated? and any errors find sounds?

Comment

Re: answer

Originally posted by QettoE
              1. In Sounds folder.
              2. No extension. Only ServerActors may have extensions.
              3. In Zound config you must specify the extension. I never used it without.

Q.
              1. UAX -> Sounds directory (because it reads "Paths=..\Sounds\*.uax" in UT2004.ini or the server's ini file)
              2. Neither ServerPackages nor ServerActors allow you to specify a file extension or path name. If you do your server will most likely crash. ServerPackages ist just the PackageName, ServerActors is PackageName.ClassName, in both cases the values are case-insensitive.
              3. No idea about Zounds configuration at all, but it sounds weird to me to specify a file extension where a mutator is supposed to build sound object names (i.e. PackageName.SoundName) from the stuff that'S configured there.

Comment

entries in zound4x.ini do require the .uax extension

Comment

Zound

It initiates alright, that's why it's weird. I've redone this Zound several times with no results. It just stopped working by itself. The weirdest thing is that there can't be any mutatro conflict since I'm only running UAdminMod and AntiTCC.

You connect to my server, download the packages, .uax, mutator shows up in the list of mutators, and you can even pull a list of available Zounds by typing "mutate zounds" in the console.... but whatever you type in chat will show up on screen despite show word is disabled in my ini.

QettoE,

Comment

Re: Re: answer

Originally posted by Wormbo

2. Neither ServerPackages nor ServerActors allow you to specify a file extension or path name. If you do your server will most likely crash. ServerPackages ist just the PackageName, ServerActors is PackageName.ClassName, in both cases the values are case-insensitive..
                    Sorry, my fault. I refered to that ClassName as extension.

QettoE,

Comment

Re: Zound

Originally posted by QettoE
                      It initiates alright, that's why it's weird. I've redone this Zound several times with no results. It just stopped working by itself. The weirdest thing is that there can't be any mutatro conflict since I'm only running UAdminMod and AntiTCC.

QettoE,
                      maybe try running wihout antitcc..i have been running uadminmod for months with zound with no issues.. (no reason to think it conflicts with antitcc..just an idea)

Comment

AntiTCC

Actually it stopped when I was still using UTSecure, but I also tried without any muts... no success.

Q.

Comment

Maybe Q and I have the same problem. Mine just wont work. I see the message saying its loading zounds and it looks okay. I can also pull the list of triggers with the command mutate zounds. I dont have mine set to hide the trigger words but when I type one it just pops up. No sound at all. And I have the volume set to 1.5.

Also, I use the nss11 and nss22 files for sounds. If I put 'ServerPackages=nss11' then how does the game know to look for the nss11 file in the sounds directory and not the system folder?

Comment

Originally posted by mdhutson
                            Also, I use the nss11 and nss22 files for sounds. If I put 'ServerPackages=nss11' then how does the game know to look for the nss11 file in the sounds directory and not the system folder?
                            not sure how it knows..but i also have texture files referenced as a serverpackage for my logo...it isn't just system files..

Comment

this mutator gets on my nervs at times....some public server out there has just takin it to far...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X