Update now servers.....Speed Hack Detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update now servers.....Speed Hack Detected

The Speed Hack Detected is causing havoc in the playing community. Here is the fix for the 3204 Patch (server side only) that is causing erroneous "Speed Hack Detected" messages and poor game performance. This was emailed to me from tech support (on the phone... they said that they cannot post to the forums so please, please, please, please, pretty please make this edit....

***NOTE: You do NOT want to make these changes unless you are hosting a server, and have installed the latest patch.***

These settings can be found in your UT2004.ini file (Default location is C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.ini)

[Engine.LevelInfo]
    PhysicsDetailLevel=PDL_Medium
    MeshLODDetailLevel=MDL_High
    bLowSoundDetail=False
    DecalStayScale=2.000000
    bNeverPrecache=false
    bShouldPreload=True
    bDesireSkinPreload=True
    bKickLiveIdlers=False
    MaxTimeMargin=1.000000
    TimeMarginSlack=1.150000
    MinTimeMargin=-1.000000

You can try adjusting the TimeMarginSlack parameter (defaults to 1.35). Higher values should reduce false positives (but may also hurt speed hack detection).

To turn off speed hack detection entirely, set MaxTimeMargin to 0.

If any of these lines are not present, you should make sure you have the latest patch installed, then add the lines manually if needed.

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=381515

Comment

Ok really, you need to shut up about the speed hack detection and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Riffage
        Ok really, you need to shut up about the speed hack detection and wait.
        you forgot 'ffs'

Comment

I'll shut up when.....

Atari fixes it. Don't like it, follow another thread

Comment

Re: I'll shut up when.....

Originally posted by rgammie
            Atari fixes it. Don't like it, follow another thread
            1) It's not Atari who will be fixing it
            2) Your not an admin, this is the admin section of the boards
            3) Your posts have just been about the Speed Hack detection and how to disable it, which have been done before

Comment

Atari said its an admin problem so....

why not post to those who can do something about it? I have talked to Atari on the phone, they said that admins can change thier network settings to get rid of the Speed Hack problem but they cannot make posts to the forums. So it only seems logical to inform that need to know, right? Besides, what do you care if I do? Go follow another thread.... it sounds like you want to belong to elitist sect of "Admin Gods." Get over it i'm not going to stop until my game works again.

PS, if you think that EPIC is going to fix it then go to their forums and see where it leads you to... You might learn something that even an amature like myself knows already

Comment

Re: Atari said its an admin problem so....

Originally posted by rgammie
                PS, if you think that EPIC is going to fix it then go to their forums and see where it leads you to... You might learn something that even an amature like myself knows already
                I know Epic are going to fix it because they have commented about it many times on the admin mailing list.

Comment

I'll just be happy when this is all over with.

Comment

Working...
                  X