Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTAN - Unreal Trusted Admin Network

UTAN - Unreal Trusted Admin Network

I know some of you have heard about this, (how you know I havnt the slightest clue, but anyway) were coming to the end of beta testing and final release should be either this weekend or early next week.

Incidentally, if you don't know what UTAN is, please read THIS thread. (Just ignore the first 3 lines as it will apply to you)

Please post comments and also if you would use this system also if you would'nt use such a system, please PLEASE say why.

I would be interested in seeing more... nice start to a challenging problem.

Comment

I would be interested. We have 2 servers and will soon have 3.

We are already using the ban list at the jolt.uk forums.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, but theres been 78 odd views and 2 comments, come on guys! Please post your comments!

Comment

sounds interesting, i will watch and see what develops and take it from there, this is my first attempt at a ut server, but my previous server (freelancer) was ripe with modders/cheats, and was the main reason i changed to this in the first place. i just wish that we had something like this, for that.

Comment

I would definately be interested in this for managing our servers. However, I would never want a server other than ours to take a ban from us. We ban for certain behaviors which other servers might not have an issue with. For the same reason, I would never take a ban from another server admin because you do not know why they were banned.

How does this work, I ban the person in game and it's distributed or I need to go to a web site to ban the user from all my servers?

Maybe adding a classification for the ban might allow administrators to take cheating bans, but not gameplay, behavior bans.

Comment

Originally posted by AcidReflux
              How does this work, I ban the person in game and it's distributed or I need to go to a web site to ban the user from all my servers?
              You go to a web-site and enter the ban, it then gets distributed on the next map change of your servers
              Maybe adding a classification for the ban might allow administrators to take cheating bans, but not gameplay, behavior bans.
              We have "Annoyance" for that, also also "Other" with a small box for explanation for ban reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Riffage
                Thanks for the comments guys, but theres been 78 odd views and 2 comments, come on guys! Please post your comments!

MultiplayUK's UT2003/4 Head Server Administrator and an UnrealAdmin :up:

MultiplayUK - UK's BIGGEST LAN's | UK's Best Clan Servers
                BR Movies by ME! - Get the Ball 1 | Get the Ball 2
                Riff: Just wondering why you haven't posted UTAN as news at UnrealAdmin:up: or in its UT2K4 General Forum if you want feedback?1?

Comment

I am waiting for something to happen before I announce it on UA

Comment

Originally posted by Riffage
                    You go to a web-site and enter the ban, it then gets distributed on the next map change of your serversWe have "Annoyance" for that, also also "Other" with a small box for explanation for ban reasons.
                    So what happens if I ban the person in game first? Annoyance is rather subjective. If you have specific catagories then it's harder for people to be confused about what a particular annoyance level is.

Comment

So what happens if I ban the person in game first? Annoyance is rather subjective. If you have specific catagories then it's harder for people to be confused about what a particular annoyance level is.
                      The ban won't be sent to UTAN for distribution if you ban someone ingame, however it's something I want to look into.

Secondly about the reasons, does it really matter? The bans only end up on your servers, and I can doubt youll see global bans for someone being annoying.

Comment

Ok, so I need to go to your website? Or do I host this myself? If there are no global bans what is the point of having it globally centralized? Seems to me running a small distribution server locally would make more sense.

Comment

Ok, so I need to go to your website? Or do I host this myself? If there are no global bans what is the point of having it globally centralized? Seems to me running a small distribution server locally would make more sense.
                          You go our web-site, global bans are sent out, just not for things like annoyances, but for aimbotters etc.

Comment

This should be interesting. I'm up for it We have encountered only ONE cheater in our server and none since I've installed AntiTCC.

Comment

Im happy this system is gonna be running soon, im the admin of the 4 CWL Public Servers and get loads of ppl in atcc logs with not allowed stuff, (Insta DM/Insta CTF/Onslaught Servers)

Mahal.

Comment

Working...
                              X