spider steroids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spider steroids?

what is the server pack name for the spider steroids mut ?

[Engine.GameEngine]
    ServerPackages=SpiderSteroids

It's not too hard, but they did forget to include that info in CBP2

Comment

Unless he wanted the mutator line to add for mapvote configs.

SpiderSteroids.MutSpiderSteroidReplacer
      and
      SpiderSteroids.SpiderSteroidLayer

I think you need both in there to accomplish the one mutator to be activated.

Comment

Originally posted by mdhutson
        Unless he wanted the mutator line to add for mapvote configs.

SpiderSteroids.MutSpiderSteroidReplacer
        and
        SpiderSteroids.SpiderSteroidLayer

I think you need both in there to accomplish the one mutator to be activated.
        That's correct. Angel Mapper said she had to code a new weapon to implement the Spider Steroids correctly.
        That's why there's a new weapon class mutator and a replace mutator.

Comment

Im getting (2) lines for this mutator:

Spider Steroids Spider Mines grow with the Link Gun secondary, increasing their damage and damage radius.||2004 Rachel 'Angel Mapper' Cordone

Spider Steroids Spider Mines grow with the Link Gun secondary, increasing their damage and damage radius.||2004 Rachel 'Angel Mapper' Cordone

If I checkbox one of them, they both show up in the Selected
          Mutators list, and it doesnt appear to have any effect on
          the spider mines during gameplay..

I had added: ServerPackages=SpiderSteroids
          to the [Engine.GameEngine] section.

any ideas?

d12disturbed

Comment

why those thing always go undocumented ? we need to search around until somebody thats know tell us

so if i get this corectly if i wanted to add spider steroid to my onslaught and Vctf on map vote i need to put down

ServerPackage=SpiderSteroids

and then i need to find and edit the vote line

GameConfig=(GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame" ,Prefix="ONS",Acronym="ons",GameName="Onslaught RPG",Mutators="XGame.MutVampire,UT2004RPG.MutUT200 4RPG,XGame.MutUDamageReward",Options=)

and add

GameConfig=(GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame" ,Prefix="ONS",Acronym="ons",GameName="Onslaught RPG",Mutators="UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG,XGame.MutUDa mageReward,SpiderSteroids.MutSpiderSteroidReplacer ,SpiderSteroids.SpiderSteroidLayer",Options=)

is thats all?

Comment

yes, adding the ServerPackages= line allows anyone connecting to your server to see and use the spier steroids.

Adding the lines to your mapvote allows you to keep the mutator turned on when people vote to change to a new map.

Expect this to be common fare for all mutators you want running on your server. Although it says in the patch 'readme' that adding the ServerPackages= lines is no longer necessary. I guess they tried to make it automatic. Have not tried it myself though.

Comment

but on my server i only see 1 spider mine mutator and when i run if ppl pickup spidermine luncher it does not show up in invetory .

Comment

as long as you add that 'ServerPackages=SpiderSteroids' to your ini file underneath all the others it should work fine.

also, make sure there is an S on the end of "Packages"

Comment

Originally posted by mdhutson
                    Expect this to be common fare for all mutators you want running on your server. Although it says in the patch 'readme' that adding the ServerPackages= lines is no longer necessary. I guess they tried to make it automatic. Have not tried it myself though.
                    afaik, it can be made automatic, but that the mutator needs to be built to include that option. So all the older mutators at least will need the serverpackages line.

Comment

d12, I had the same problem, I just restarted the server and it seemed to go away. I added the above line and everything seems to be working fine now. I wish there was some more info that came with the CBP2 so I didnt have to search for this.

Comment

Try setting up a custom gametype with gamemake2 and got this
                        to add to the UT2Vote41 ini. Yes I haven't updated to 42 yet.

GameType=(GameName="Onslaught Spider Steroids",AllowVote=True,Hide=False,Clan=True,Requ iredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMap List=False,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",GameClass="ONSspiders.ONSs piders",Mutators="SpiderSteroids.MutSpiderSteroidR eplacer,SpiderSteroids.SpiderSteroidLayer",Command s="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayer s=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=Fal se?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn =False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameS tats=False?FF=0?GameSpeed=1.00?NumBots=1?Difficult y=3")

Added ServerPackages=SpiderSteroids to the UT2004.ini

Crashes the server after adding and restarting. I have made numerous gametypes with no problems.
                        Anyone got any ideas why this one won't work?

Comment

Crashes the server after adding and restarting. I have made numerous gametypes with no problems.
                          This is off subject but i have been trying to get my gametype i make work and i'm not sure what files go were after you make the game. Can u tell? I eman the u and ucl are obivos but what about the folder that is created when you make your gametype with the two .uc files in it? were does that go?

Comment

Just temp stuff made when you create the game I believe.
                            I just delete them.

Comment

spider steroids do not work with rpg...rpg needs to be updated to incorporate spider steroids ..

Comment

Working...
                              X