Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ded. server+Playbox behind NAT can not play together - y not..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ded. server+Playbox behind NAT can not play together - y not..?

Can some 1 tell me why I can not play and run my server at the same time behind my Netgear router..?

everything is correct, I got a server cdkey for my server and I know its not that.

I can have a friend over on my lan playing ut3k4 at the same time I am, and no trouble there..! Only when I start my server, then I try to go on line with my playbox I get "your cd key is already in use or is invalid .....bla bla..."

Everyone seems to be stumped by this problem..!

I think its the new security that is applied on the master server that is getting confused by seeing two connections from the same IP from my router... I dunno its driving me crazy though....!

I can run a server and play at the same time IF they're on two different machines. Are you running the server and playing from the same machine?

Mike

Comment

no separate systems..!

Comment

Hi,

I've got exactly this same problem with my setup. If I have the dedicated server running on machine 1, then I get this on machine 2 when I start up the game and try to reach the master server:

If I stop the server, then no I get no problems on machine 2.

Did you get to the bottom of the problem? If so - what was the issue?

Many thanks - I'm losing hair here!

Comment

Re: Ded. server+Playbox behind NAT can not play together - y not..?

Originally posted by Canni
          Can some 1 tell me why I can not play and run my server at the same time behind my Netgear router..?

everything is correct, I got a server cdkey for my server and I know its not that.

I can have a friend over on my lan playing ut3k4 at the same time I am, and no trouble there..! Only when I start my server, then I try to go on line with my playbox I get "your cd key is already in use or is invalid .....bla bla..."

Everyone seems to be stumped by this problem..!

I think its the new security that is applied on the master server that is getting confused by seeing two connections from the same IP from my router... I dunno its driving me crazy though....!
          by " I got a server cdkey" do you mean mean you are using the dedicated server install available from epic? or are you just using your client as a dedicated server, then starting another copy of your client? if that is the case, for the server use the specific dedicated server install available.

the master server shouldn't be getting confused by multiple connections from the same IP. I run a dedicated server on my router 24/7 and house at least two computers that have been online concurrently. all with different cdkeys.

i assume this is windows... you're not blocking and ports or running some sort of firewall are you?

it sort of sounds like you are using your client to host the dedicated server... with your client's cdkey. if that is the case.

1) get this: http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/unr...erver.zip.html
          2) follow the instructions for getting a server cdkey
          3) set up and use that as your dedicated server... leave the client for client things like playing

Comment

Hi,

I'm (almost) certain it's a master server cacheing problem.

I've now come across 4 different people with this - each running both a dedicated server on one machine (3 using the 770MB free dedicated server package as I am), and a client game on another computer connected to the same router.

The symptom is this: the server is started up - and its server key is validated OK. The client machine goes to connect to the master server and is rejected from there with the message I posted earlier.

I suspect that the master server may be trying to be clever - I've had a key from this IP recently - I'll use that rather than requesting it again.....hmmm - that's a server cd key and this is a client game. "Reject".

If you wait a while between starting up the server and using the client game, then all is well.

Comment

Working...
            X