This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I realise the last post in this thread was back in 07 but whats the status with the stats system?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by curtis View Post
    so what do you do on here?????
    i was thinking the same thing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We read the thread titles before posting, that's what we do. Look for something that interests/applies to you, if you even have this game.

BTW, my stats are all messed up too, I changed my name to [TI]GG-Xtreme, but it doesn't show up as that, instead it says GG-Xtreme, and my kills is somehow -3 , but on the [TI] stats page, everything shows up fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so what do you do on here?????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you change your stats password/username in settings?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,

I've been keeping track of My stats on the stat database, and I've been doing pretty well.

Today, however, I visited the site to check how my games last night affected my stats, but I can no longer find my name :\.

My name is/was Devastation_V2.5.

Do you know what this could be about? And can/will it be fixed?

-Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a customizable mutator were you can have player stats after each map ends in the game? I'd rather have my own stats system on my server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got a whisper through the grapevine (not from Loping btw) that it was Cliffy B and that **** hair dryer.......

Cliffy leave that hair of your alone....it is boofy enough without you screwing our stats up.....:weird:

Play fair... give us our stats server back. Please......:cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe they're testing the UT2k7 stats system every time stats are down and when not, then UT2k4 stats is very unstable and they should fix it.:grrrrr: At least give us some info one what's going on over there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LoPing
    (or is Cliffy B. unplugging the server to plug in his hair dryer?)
    That would not surprise me in the slightest LoPing. Just as it seemed to be running reasonably smoothly... with the odd bit of data not being recorded as usual. The **** thing crashes... "Where is the Saint of PCs and Servers when you need him." :cry:

It is obvious that he is not working for Epic. out:

All we are asking for is a stable server to keep the stats. Is that too much to ask for. Lets hope that they fix the problem quickly... I dont want too lose my hard earned ranking.

Your map run beautifully on my monster LoPing.... smooth as silk. Mind you I am running a AMD XP4800+ X2 dual core 939 with 2Gb Ram, and a top of the line Graphics card.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scottishsniper
    Well here we go again.... 3 weeks down the track and that **** server is down again.

This is a never ending story with the stat server. Come on Dr Syn what does it take to keep the thing running....... We need a miricle or a new server. :down:

The last matches are for May 24th and we are now at May 26th... is this going to be another 2 to 3 weeks?

Please, get the thing up and running.
    Now I have to play "good cop" to your "bad cop", Scotish

We DOOO use and appreciate your server stats oh mighy Epic dudes! Please repair! It's actually interesting. What could be making the server go down in such a regular monthly fashion? I would expect that the usage would be down rather than up as UT2k4 gets a little older. Is the problem hardware or software (or is Cliffy B. unplugging the server to plug in his hair dryer?)

BTW, glad you like ONS-All-Fall-Down, Scottish. It's a little resource intensive, but maybe as people update their PC's for UT2k7, they'll be able to play it more smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Stat Server not logging matches yet again.

Well here we go again.... 3 weeks down the track and that **** server is down again.

This is a never ending story with the stat server. Come on Dr Syn what does it take to keep the thing running....... We need a miricle or a new server. :down:

The last matches are for May 24th and we are now at May 26th... is this going to be another 2 to 3 weeks?

Please, get the thing up and running.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lo Ping,

It is guys like us that are the real heart and soul of UT2k4. You design and I run the tourneys...

The players are the blood... so isn't it right that we are the people that should really call some the shots.... Sure Epic have done a fantastic job with the franchise to date... and with the new one out shortly, again it will be upto guys like us to make it work.

BTW I love that ONS- All fall down map of your... awsome man...great job.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like the stats are back up, Scottish, and I appreciate folks running servers (more so if they are ONS servers running MY maps ) but as you pointed out UT2k7 is out pretty soon. I bet all the Epic employees are working 70 hours a week on the new game and for them to find any time at all to keep UT2k4 afloat is a miracle.

Hey, Epic hires a lot of community talent, if you are a server guru you should send them your credentials. I had dinner with Mark Rein and some of the Epic guys at E3 a couple years ago and they seemed like nice folks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been cutting Epic some slack....

When you have a game that is this popular with over 2 million players world wide and a new version coming out in less than a month you expect that the guys servicing it to be top rate. They have been doing it for a long time. (supposedly)

I am a tech myself so I do know what it takes to keep a server like this running. If systems I service keep falling over for clients I would be sacked.

I run 5 private servers for the game as well as two stat servers for the tournaments I run. Purhaps you need to run twin servers like I do to make sure this does not happen again.

All my servers send dual data out one lot to my stat server the other to Epics.. but it is when I play on Public servers just for fun, I would appreciate my stats to be logged to keep my ELO rankings up.

Epic have a lot of money involved with the UT game franchise so it is in their best interest to support it. That includes keeping the stat server up and running.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X