Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict that the stats server will be down (or at the very least "iffy") until UT2005 is released.

Comment

00159: Warning: Failed to load 'Class BossVoice.BossVoice': Can't find file for package 'BossVoice'

Comment

is there anyway to restore the udpl file back to the old one

Comment

Copy xPlayersL1.upl and xPlayersL2.upl from your UT2004 CD1 (System directory) or from the UT2004 DVD (CD1\System directory).

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
            Copy xPlayersL1.upl and xPlayersL2.upl from your UT2004 CD1 (System directory) or from the UT2004 DVD (CD1\System directory).
            Thnx

Comment

Dr. Sin,

Did you test this with the Mac client? I put this on yesterday and now all my Mac guys are being forced off the server or is it just me.

"You have been forcibly removed from the server. Player skins failed md5."

Thanks

Comment

Can someone verify this for me?

1. I've seen this attempt to ban a lot for voice packs and the single player 'modification' to open all characters as well. Any way to prevent bans of this nature without opening everything up? I don't see these as a real threat. I've had to set the ban down to kick ban for session for now.

a. Seems this JudgeJudy2k4 package is an add-on sound pack.
                http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=130737
                ScriptLog: New Player * id=*
                ScriptLog: [UTSecure] * has been secured
                Warning: Failed to load 'JudgeJudy2k4': Can't find file for package 'JudgeJudy2k4'
                Warning: Failed to load 'Class JudgeJudy2k4.JudgeJudy2k4': Can't find file for package 'JudgeJudy2k4'
                ScriptLog: [INSECURE CLIENT] *[ * ]
                ScriptLog: [INSECURE CLIENT] Reason: Illegal Client-side package Load (28 vs 29)
                ScriptLog: Adding Global Ban for: * * *

b. I can't find anything on this one, but it seems to be a voice add-on package as well:
                ScriptLog: New Player ********* id=*********
                ScriptLog: [UTSecure] ********* has been secured
                Warning: Failed to load 'CrowTRobotVoice': Can't find file for package 'CrowTRobotVoice'
                Warning: Failed to load 'Class CrowTRobotVoice.CrowTRobotVoice': Can't find file for package 'CrowTRobotVoice'
                ScriptLog: [INSECURE CLIENT] *********[ ********* ]
                ScriptLog: [INSECURE CLIENT] Reason: Illegal Client-side package Load (28 vs 29)
                ScriptLog: Adding Global Ban for: ********* ********* *********

c. I am guessing this is the single player modification to open up all of the characters:
                ScriptLog: [INSECURE CLIENT] |*********[ ********* ]
                ScriptLog: [INSECURE CLIENT] Reason: Package xplayersl1.upl failed md5 (c2b69df8b2e006c7a9781a272af29fbe)
                ScriptLog: Adding Global Ban for: ********* ********* |*********

2. It has only caught one questionable player so far. Here is the log for the suspicious user I saw. Is this a good example of someone using a hack or exploit?

a. Illegal client-side pagakge:
                ScriptLog: Adding Global Ban for: * * *

Comment

I`m just baffled at how no one from Epic can/will respond as to whether GUID`s are global across servers or not.

A response would really be helpful -- as we run over 20 servers, and it would be nice to know if we can script ban when a person gets banned from one port.

Comment

WHat do you think GUID stands for? GLOBAL user ID perhaps??
                    Im telling you now, this is a global number that can be used on any server running UT2004, dont beleive me then log into one ofyour 20 servers, go to webadmin,,log your GUID,,then join another of your servers and compare your ID number.

Comment

Originally posted by LLEVIATHANN
                      Dr. Sin,

Did you test this with the Mac client? I put this on yesterday and now all my Mac guys are being forced off the server or is it just me.

"You have been forcibly removed from the server. Player skins failed md5."

Thanks
                      Yep, I can verify that this just happened to me (Mac client). Except that server was permabanning not just forcibly removing...

Comment

Originally posted by heavyboots
                        Yep, I can verify that this just happened to me (Mac client). Except that server was permabanning not just forcibly removing...
                        it says permanent ban at the top nomatter what reason

chances are you were just kicked

Comment

I'm looking in to the mac issue. They data files should be exactly the same but I'll know soon enough. If this is the case, I'll just adjust UTSecure to support multiple MD5's per file.

As for voice packs, that's a little more work but I'm working on a solution.

Comment

it says permanent ban at the top nomatter what reason
                            Yep, including being kicked for Idling too Long..

This needs to be fixed in the Patch.

-- Cain

Comment

ChickenMonkey wrote
                              "2. It has only caught one questionable player so far. Here is the log for the suspicious user I saw. Is this a good example of someone using a hack or exploit?

a. Illegal client-side pagakge:
                              ScriptLog: Adding Global Ban for: * * *"

This client side ban you mentioned happened to me it was a BOSS voice pack made from the original uT caused it. I changed my voice back to one of ut2004 original voices and all was well. Not to say this probable also be exploited other ways besides voice packs. Dr sin has his work cut out for him...

Comment

Yes, attempting to secure a completely mod-able game is so much fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X