Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Define "right". I'm not the actual super admin for the server, and would at least like to tell him what exactly needs changed/fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Schitso[1g-s]
      Define "right". I'm not the actual super admin for the server, and would at least like to tell him what exactly needs changed/fixed.
      Make sure the lines that the readme file tells you to add to the ut2004.ini file are correct...

Mine were not and I was getting this same error.

Once the lines are correct... reboot your server and all will be 'happy'

Comment

Originally posted by Athenor
        It's been discussed many times on this thread, but there is a way to "hack" the single player skins and get them without UTSecure registering as "cheating".
        And what, exactly, is this method? The only means of which I'm aware for enabling the multiplayer skins is through a user.ini file fix.

Comment

If you want to keep us informed about UTSecure, and if you want us to use it on our servers, how about making a sticky in the "server admin" section?

I almost never visit general discussion because of all the children that tend to post only the most asinine **** here.

Comment

Can you explain what any of the client errors are? I understand the checksum errors but just received this error

[INSECURE CLIENT] Reason: Illegal Client-side package Load (28 vs 29)

The bloke has emailed to ask why he was kicked and I have not seen this error before.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSiN
              This bug has never been an issue in UT2004.
              OK... but I was also talking about UT2003. Is there any way to resolve this problem for UT, UT2003, and demos? Otherwise, I'd consider that a pretty serious threat which needs addressing and I would love to fix the servers I and my friends have, along with anyone else in the Gentoo community.

Comment

[INSECURE CLIENT] Reason: Illegal Client-side package Load (28 vs 29)
                I got a guy with this, and he claims he just has an add-on Voice pack. Dr Sin did not answer my question about Voice and Skin add on packs.

-- Cain

Comment

It's possible that a custom voice pack has problems with UTSecure. Anyone have one I can test.

Comment

If I get a reply from the player then I will try and find out what he has installed.

Comment

OK... but I was also talking about UT2003. Is there any way to resolve this problem for UT, UT2003, and demos? Otherwise, I'd consider that a pretty serious threat which needs addressing and I would love to fix the servers I and my friends have, along with anyone else in the Gentoo community.
                      UT2003 fix (by DrSiN himself):
                      http://download.factoryunreal.com/mi...03CrashFix.zip
                      Code:
                      ::Installation::

1) Copy crashfix.u in to your UT2003\System directory.
                      2) Edit your UT2003.ini file (or server.ini file)
                      3) Find the section [Engine.GameInfo]
                      4) Add the entry to the end of the section
                              "AccessControlClass=crashfix.iaccesscontrol"

for enhanced Web admin access use...

"AccessControlClass=crashfix.iaccesscontrolini"

Restart your server.
                      UT99 fix: http://www.utpg.org

Comment

Sooooo is the master server back up yet or what

Comment

For anyone having problems getting a response from the master server, make sure that you are not filtering for "Stats Only Servers"

With the way it is now, I don't think any server is considered having stats enabled...

I know this was an issue for me as having it enabled would return "0 of 0 servers found"

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious
                            UT2003 fix (by DrSiN himself):
                            http://download.factoryunreal.com/mi...03CrashFix.zip

Code:
                            ::Installation::

1) Copy crashfix.u in to your UT2003\System directory.
                            2) Edit your UT2003.ini file (or server.ini file)
                            3) Find the section [Engine.GameInfo]
                            4) Add the entry to the end of the section
                                    "AccessControlClass=crashfix.iaccesscontrol"

for enhanced Web admin access use...

"AccessControlClass=crashfix.iaccesscontrolini"

Restart your server.
                            So the only file I actually need in the System directory is the crashfix.u, correct? Also, does this work on ut2003-demo and the ut2003 dedicated server?

Comment

Is this going to be the same thing that happened with UT2003?? The stats server was down for nearly 6 months.

I love your games Epic! Heck I quit playing Quake to play UT, and I was loyal to ID software since the days of Commander Keen / Wolf 3D!

I know it's been written before in other threads, but seriously, stats are an important thing in a game where there is nothing more than frag/spawn/capture whatever.

Comment

I agree... Some individuals do not care either way about the extensive stat tracking feature that comes with UT2004. I personally feel it is one of the major aspects that sets this game apart from other FPS, and creates a true "tournament" atmosphere....

Comment

Working...
                                X