This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't it show ban ?

That will teach me to use an old copy as a base. Right now it only supports:

0=log
    1=kick
    3=ban

Stat's will be back when they are back. Sorry, no ETA at the moment.

Comment

ok. no problem. also, sorry about calling you the "epic guy", I just forgot your nick when replying. i actually appreciate the fact you posted something about it because you're the only one I saw giving people an information about this

Comment

Originally posted by SpazzTic
        Are we forgetting that GUID`s are hashes *per server?

i.e. Someone elses banlist won`t work on your server, because your server keys are different.

This is NOT correct, The GUID is unique to you, it dosent change from server to server and I beleive it is an encrypted version of your cdkey, plus mabe a few other things, but it most certainly stays the same, not even reconfiguring yourself a new Stats name and password changes this ID.

Comment

Are the stats being kept at all currently, and perhaps just not displayed?

Comment

Does that mean the stats will not be updated for the time being or stats compiled during this period will not be recorded at all?

Comment

Originally posted by SpazzTic
              Are we forgetting that GUID`s are hashes *per server?
              which is why I asked if the GUID in UT2004 was now universal since some people like J4K0BYT3 say it is. So, is it or no?

Comment

Sorry if I am being stupid, is this a patch for the game that I need to download before I can play online, or is it just a server side patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Wooloff
                  Sorry if I am being stupid, is this a patch for the game that I need to download before I can play online, or is it just a server side patch?
                  as client you do NOT need utsecure2k4 ... the server you are playing on will send it to you ... also utsecure do not need clientside installation ...

Comment

Originally posted by DrSiN
                    I also have a few GUID's of a couple of the ELF lot and XLC if anybody is interested in adding them to the Banned ID List of their servers

This goes to everyone. While I'm happy to take id's of suspected cheaters and manually add them to a watch list (or verify against a list of who we are already tracking) don't expect them to be instantly banned. We manually verify each ban before we make it. I'm making the system a little more automatic (right now, I have to be watching for an alert, in the future, it will be IM'd right to me the moment we lock on to one of them).
                    I'm still working on my Cheat Database and would love to add these as Epic Banned GUID'S...I will add a section for Epic to add these for all server admins to use...

Comment

Great to see your work in action Joe. A couple of questions...

Can you start another sticky with the exact admin set commands we may use? - I admin a popular CTF server and would like to know what I can and cannot do.

If I remove Checks=(FName="playerskins",MD5="db866b469c2661111 abb221f3b51a450",MD5Type=0)
                      Checks=(FName="BrightPlayerSkins",MD5="6f6eef0431b 8f7e115a7ba3043cef0fc",MD5Type=0,Optional=True)
                      Checks=(FName="xplayersl1.upl",MD5="18e217ed49e980 c98c0c44444cc0d228",MD5Type=2)
                      Checks=(FName="xplayersl2.upl",MD5="30e5f5645bdd7c 67bb7edea2bb22d3dd",MD5Type=2)
                      and leave the UTSecure check will this cut down on CPU usage and still block bots and gui holes?

Comment

It won't really affect the CPU usage and it certainly doesn't improvement security

But it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by AudioMix
                          [BIf I remove Checks=(FName="playerskins",MD5="db866b469c2661111 abb221f3b51a450",MD5Type=0)
                          Checks=(FName="BrightPlayerSkins",MD5="6f6eef0431b 8f7e115a7ba3043cef0fc",MD5Type=0,Optional=True)
                          Checks=(FName="xplayersl1.upl",MD5="18e217ed49e980 c98c0c44444cc0d228",MD5Type=2)
                          Checks=(FName="xplayersl2.upl",MD5="30e5f5645bdd7c 67bb7edea2bb22d3dd",MD5Type=2)
                          and leave the UTSecure check will this cut down on CPU usage and still block bots and gui holes? [/B]
                          removing those lines may allow people to use extreamly bright skins, or modify their view of the game in some pretty big ways.

Comment

IVv got kicked from my server tonight by UTSEcure when I tried to change Nick midgame
                            Also, i have tried to PM the GUID's I have to a couple of peeps,, but for some strange reason,,the pm'S ARE "loosing" THE guid part of the message strange, Anyway,,PM me your email addy and Ill email them to whoever requested them.

Comment

Originally posted by J4K0BYT3
                              This is NOT correct, The GUID is unique to you, it dosent change from server to server and I beleive it is an encrypted version of your cdkey, plus mabe a few other things, but it most certainly stays the same, not even reconfiguring yourself a new Stats name and password changes this ID.
                              I disagree. You are right in that each player has a GUID, but that is seperate from the hash that the server logs. This is precisely to keep the player`s personal GUID from being obtained by every guy who runs a server. A players GUID is displayed on the in-game settings config, however, the hash that the admin sees is really a hashed combination of the server key and the clients key.

So my question is: How were these "banlist" GUID`s pulled? Straight from the logs? If so, then they will be invalid bans on anyone elses server. However, if perhaps they used a sniffer/decoder (unrsniff+tcpdump), then perhaps they recieved the clients *actual GUID? Not sure if this is possible -- but maybe.

Feel free to set me straight if im wrong (DrSin), but I believe this is the way it works.

Comment

I know for one AntiTCC actually drops the GUID into a log file for later use. That would be one way to get them.

Comment

Working...
                                X