Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updates on Security, Master Server, Stats and Email

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Thx Dr. Sin,

    I can confirm that it is using VERY little CPU cycles..

    And it is a tiny download, with no noticeable in-game effects, thank you again.

    Thx again,

    - Cain

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Cainslair
      Thx Dr. Sin,

      I can confirm that it is using VERY little CPU cycles.. And it is a tiny download, with no noticeable in-game effects, thank you again.

      One problem. I know it is working, I see it at server start-up and I see it popping folks at the server's console, BUT it is not logging people it catches anywhere.. that I can find.

      I used the default .ini and made only one change and that was to allow a longer timeout period.

      Where is the log going?? Was I supposed to make a different log name??

      Thx again,

      - Cain
      You might enable the custom logging.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by fallen_fk
        DrSIN
        Did you get my e-mail regarding that UT Optimizer and it's possibility of being a CD Key stealer? Lotsa people used it. I mean, LOTS. Just wondering what measure's can be taken to ensure people's key's are protected.
        if you are talking about my ini editor i can tell you that it is 100% no key stealer, some stupid german brought up this rumor.

        Comment


          #34
          Can I load this mut in the demo?

          [EDIT]

          Not to be a pest -- but out of about 20 public servers that we run, at least 4 are the demo. I have been asked repeatedly about the feasibility of using this mutator on the demo, or whether another solution is being developed. Thanks!

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by fiLa
            if you are talking about my ini editor i can tell you that it is 100% no key stealer, some stupid german brought up this rumor.
            It's not an ini editor. It's an "optimizer" that just runs in a DOS window and then that's it. Has some percent done with "analyzing ut2k4 settings", then "analyzing windows video settings", then "making changes".

            Comment


              #36
              Any chance we will be seeing the security mutator on the offical Atari/Epic servers?

              Comment


                #37
                Yes.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Trying to understand how unlocking players by adding lines to user.ini can be one of highest online security concerns

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by frogger187
                    Trying to understand how unlocking players by adding lines to user.ini can be one of highest online security concerns
                    This is not what this version disallow... UTSecure checks the .upl files, so if someone edited the .upl to unlock the extra characters, then the MD5 will not match and the player will be kicked. If you edited the USER.INI to get the extra characters, no issue there, it will still work. Anyway, still works fine here with the USER.INI tweak.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by BigByrd
                      This is not what this version disallow... UTSecure checks the .upl files, so if someone edited the .upl to unlock the extra characters, then the MD5 will not match and the player will be kicked. If you edited the USER.INI to get the extra characters, no issue there, it will still work. Anyway, still works fine here with the USER.INI tweak.
                      Everywhere I've seen how to do it is through the upl files. I really don't feel like going through the single player game at this time. I usually reserve that for a rainy day should my cable go out. PM me how to do it through the user.ini please. Thx

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by fallen_fk
                        Everywhere I've seen how to do it is through the upl files. I really don't feel like going through the single player game at this time. I usually reserve that for a rainy day should my cable go out. PM me how to do it through the user.ini please. Thx
                        I edited the user .ini too to give the extra characters, havnt had any problems with beeing booted tho

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by fallen_fk
                          Everywhere I've seen how to do it is through the upl files. I really don't feel like going through the single player game at this time. I usually reserve that for a rainy day should my cable go out. PM me how to do it through the user.ini please. Thx
                          This is off topic but all I had to do:

                          USER.INI
                          [GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage]
                          TotalUnlockedCharacters=Malcolm;ClanLord;Xan

                          UTSecure will not boot you for that but it will boot you for editing the .upl to get the extra character.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Buffy Summers
                            Btw, whats the difference between AntiTCC and UTSecure? They seem quite similar, and if so, which is the best one to use?
                            iir antitcc bases on utsecure, so DON't RUN BOTH MUTATORS AT SAME TIME, it would make no sense.
                            consequential antitcc has to be updated after a new release of utsecure. ask wormbo for more info.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Buffy Summers
                              [B]Here is another warning: there is a file thats called UT2004-TTM-v1 (or something similar) thats nothing but a CDkey stealer. Don't install it, and if you want to be on the safe side only download TTM (if and when its released) from www.planetunreal.com/ttm

                              I hope you're not talking about this mutator. "TempCompModv1"

                              I briefly looked at the source; I didn't see anything that could steal keys. But a second opinion would be cool. The site I got it from took it down. It said something about cdkeys in German.

                              I'm hoping it's just tired old anti-ttm slander.

                              Dr. Sin, I'll pm you a download link for TempCompModv1 it’s running on 3 of our servers so we need to know.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by flashbeast
                                iir antitcc bases on utsecure, so DON't RUN BOTH MUTATORS AT SAME TIME, it would make no sense.
                                consequential antitcc has to be updated after a new release of utsecure. ask wormbo for more info.
                                Originally Anti TCC used the actual UTSecure code to do its magic, but now it's merely "inspired" by UTSecure. Of course, the new UTSecure version contains some good features and I will also implement them in Anti TCC, but since Dr.Sin has a better knowledge of the engine he is also quicker in finding solutions to problems.

                                Originally posted by *XxZER01xX*
                                I hope you're not talking about this mutator. "TempCompModv1"

                                I briefly looked at the source; I didn't see anything that could steal keys. But a second opinion would be cool. The site I got it from took it down. It said something about cdkeys in German.

                                I'm hoping it's just tired old anti-ttm slander.

                                Dr. Sin, I'll pm you a download link for TempCompModv1 it’s running on 3 of our servers so we need to know.
                                The mod you'er talking about is ok. The warning was only meant for that TTM2k4-v1 file. The ZIP contains an EXE file which is the actual CD key stealer.

                                I can't say this often enough:
                                Don't trust any EXE installers for UT200x mods!
                                (Well, probably unless you downloaded them from the official site, but EXE installers suck anyway.)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X