This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There was a method floating around that unlocked the hidden characters in the game without having the user complete the single player missions. If someone used this method to unlock the characters and joins a server using a default UTSecure-110 install, they will be labeled as an insecure client.

Which makes me wonder if UTSecure-110 will also label those who unlocked the characters legitimately as insecure. No idea. Not that anyone actually did this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question anyone can answer for me please....

Regarding the UTSecure2K4.ini file.

Do we copy and paste the contents of this file into our server's ut2004.ini, or does this exist as a stand-alone file residing in the \system folder that somehow gets read automatically ???

I seem to remember in the earliest days of UTSecure for UT2K3 that we copied and pasted this file into our UT2004.ini, but the help for this version does not mention that, and seems to refer to it as a stand-alone .ini file.

Help, please ..

-- Cain

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dubious
    - hacked clients that unlocked the hidden characters
    What do you mean by this, please expand?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you use the default install of UTSecure, the following things (among others) will trigger an insecure client:

- client-side brightskins
    - hacked clients that unlocked the hidden characters

I also have reports of people restoring their default xplayersx.upl files and STILL not being able to reconnect. Dr. SiN - why is this and how can someone "restore" their client?

If you want (or need) to allow client-side brightskins and clients that unlocked the hidden characters, remove these two lines from the UTSecure2k4.ini file (** WARNING - this may open your server to allow malicious skins such as black skins, triggerbot skins, and aimbot skins **):

Code:
    Checks=(FName="xplayersl1.upl",MD5="18e217ed49e980c98c0c44444cc0d228",MD5Type=2)
    Checks=(FName="xplayersl2.upl",MD5="30e5f5645bdd7c67bb7edea2bb22d3dd",MD5Type=2)
    Oh - and I hope the Server Admin list comes back soon. Withdrawl sucks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does UTSecure prevent you from using...

the no-DVD hack?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DrSIN
    Did you get my e-mail regarding that UT Optimizer and it's possibility of being a CD Key stealer? Lotsa people used it. I mean, LOTS. Just wondering what measure's can be taken to ensure people's key's are protected.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Dr. S,

1) Does UTSecure still remove our servers from the "Standard Servers List ??? I'm guessing you fixed that ??

2) Does UT Secure take noticeable server CPU cycles to run??

3) Why does the zip contain a zip, within the Zip?? What is in that other Zip, it looks like the same files <scratching head> ??

Thx!!

-- Cain

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I guess this might be he reason for the stuttering on 16 man and under game servers then.

I like these updates that you keep giving, please do keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It says in the in the readme:

Defeats the current public hacks
    Does this include the speed hacks I hope?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also have a few GUID's of a couple of the ELF lot and XLC if anybody is interested in adding them to the Banned ID List of their servers

This goes to everyone. While I'm happy to take id's of suspected cheaters and manually add them to a watch list (or verify against a list of who we are already tracking) don't expect them to be instantly banned. We manually verify each ban before we make it. I'm making the system a little more automatic (right now, I have to be watching for an alert, in the future, it will be IM'd right to me the moment we lock on to one of them).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, at least I know why the stats are down. Tis cool. Fix up the important things then get the 'fluff' working too.

Have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UTSecure uploaded the the SHAOLIN T3MPLE OF BLOODRIGHTS

Seems to work with the server lovely, no discernable lag on authorization , unlike Anti-TCC, im sure my players will be pleased about that
    Thanks Dr Sin.
    I also have a few GUID's of a couple of the ELF lot and XLC if anybody is interested in adding them to the Banned ID List of their servers
    SHAOLIN T3MPLE OF BLOODRIGHTS
    217.64.127.6:7727

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not trying to get this thread off topic but this is what Nortons picked up as the file accessed the internet.

At 6:13 PM on 30/03/2004, the following communication was detected:

Application: C:\Documents and Settings\Myth\Desktop\UT2K4opt.exe
    Protocol: TCP (Outbound)
    Remote Address: 216.232.251.47 : http (80)
    Local Address: Service port 4795

This file is not infected with a virus. There is no autoconfiguration data for this application. This application does not contain company information. This application does not have a digital signature or the digital signature is invalid.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DrSiN
    Can someone send me the TTM backdoor so I can look at it please.
    I have demos of known speedhackers and I'm wondering should I send the demos in or save it cause its a waste of time. If I should send them in then could you please post the email address. Thank You...

Please Server Admins load up UTSecure... It can only benefit your server.

Phamous ~1~

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can someone send me the TTM backdoor so I can look at it please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X