X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Keep your ban list to yourself!

Originally posted by J4K0BYT3
    I also have a few GUID's of a couple of the ELF lot and XLC if anybody is interested in adding them to the Banned ID List of their servers
    If these GUID's are actually universal, then keep them to yourself. Just because someone comes to your house and misbehaves according to your rules doesn't mean that person will do so at my house or that we have the same rules at all. I don't know you, and I certainly don't trust your ban list.

Global GUID's are easily abused by unscrupulous and ignorant admins, and creating a virtual "blacklist" by banning GUID's based on second and thirdhand information is simply unfair to the accused. Large scale banning of players is only going to encourage people not to bother buying the game since buying it won't assure them of being able to play online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SmokeRingHalo
    I spent the first 3 days after buying the game finishing SP on experienced lvl (the default ) - never used cheats - and it unlocked nothing - nada - zip.
    afaik you've to finish sp in godlike level; i don't know why epic embarrasses us to use these skins at lower level, it's absurd imho.

Originally posted by SmokeRingHalo
    So - now I and many others are all considered cheaters for getting our game to even play at all while tech support scratched their heads and gave us nothing?
    no. just run the linux version, it shouldn't have a copy protection :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a minor thing, but the page title in the UTSecure2K4Help.htm file says "UT2003 Interim Security Mutator Release 1". Spot the deliberate mistake

(ps. you make your html pages in Word? ew )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well - someone forgot to mention that the only way to get the hidden characters is to hack them because finishing SP doesn't give you jack.

I spent the first 3 days after buying the game finishing SP on experienced lvl (the default ) - never used cheats - and it unlocked nothing - nada - zip.

The only thing I can think of is that I - like many others here had to use the fixed 2004 exe for the game to even install and run properly.

So - now I and many others are all considered cheaters for getting our game to even play at all while tech support scratched their heads and gave us nothing?

I'm thinking that maybe all these install and numerous bugs in the game should be fixed 1st with a patch before quashing people who had no other choice but to use the fixed exe because of that retarded SecurRom bs.

Otherwise - this is just picking up where SecurRom left off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by flashbeast
    iir antitcc bases on utsecure, so DON't RUN BOTH MUTATORS AT SAME TIME, it would make no sense.
    consequential antitcc has to be updated after a new release of utsecure. ask wormbo for more info.
    Originally Anti TCC used the actual UTSecure code to do its magic, but now it's merely "inspired" by UTSecure. Of course, the new UTSecure version contains some good features and I will also implement them in Anti TCC, but since Dr.Sin has a better knowledge of the engine he is also quicker in finding solutions to problems.

Originally posted by *XxZER01xX*
    I hope you're not talking about this mutator. "TempCompModv1"

I briefly looked at the source; I didn't see anything that could steal keys. But a second opinion would be cool. The site I got it from took it down. It said something about cdkeys in German.

I'm hoping it's just tired old anti-ttm slander.

Dr. Sin, I'll pm you a download link for TempCompModv1 it’s running on 3 of our servers so we need to know.
    The mod you'er talking about is ok. The warning was only meant for that TTM2k4-v1 file. The ZIP contains an EXE file which is the actual CD key stealer.

I can't say this often enough:
    Don't trust any EXE installers for UT200x mods!
    (Well, probably unless you downloaded them from the official site, but EXE installers suck anyway.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Buffy Summers
    [B]Here is another warning: there is a file thats called UT2004-TTM-v1 (or something similar) thats nothing but a CDkey stealer. Don't install it, and if you want to be on the safe side only download TTM (if and when its released) from www.planetunreal.com/ttm

I hope you're not talking about this mutator. "TempCompModv1"

I briefly looked at the source; I didn't see anything that could steal keys. But a second opinion would be cool. The site I got it from took it down. It said something about cdkeys in German.

I'm hoping it's just tired old anti-ttm slander.

Dr. Sin, I'll pm you a download link for TempCompModv1 it’s running on 3 of our servers so we need to know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Buffy Summers
    Btw, whats the difference between AntiTCC and UTSecure? They seem quite similar, and if so, which is the best one to use?
    iir antitcc bases on utsecure, so DON't RUN BOTH MUTATORS AT SAME TIME, it would make no sense.
    consequential antitcc has to be updated after a new release of utsecure. ask wormbo for more info.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fallen_fk
    Everywhere I've seen how to do it is through the upl files. I really don't feel like going through the single player game at this time. I usually reserve that for a rainy day should my cable go out. PM me how to do it through the user.ini please. Thx
    This is off topic but all I had to do:

USER.INI
    [GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage]
    TotalUnlockedCharacters=Malcolm;ClanLord;Xan

UTSecure will not boot you for that but it will boot you for editing the .upl to get the extra character.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fallen_fk
    Everywhere I've seen how to do it is through the upl files. I really don't feel like going through the single player game at this time. I usually reserve that for a rainy day should my cable go out. PM me how to do it through the user.ini please. Thx
    I edited the user .ini too to give the extra characters, havnt had any problems with beeing booted tho

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BigByrd
    This is not what this version disallow... UTSecure checks the .upl files, so if someone edited the .upl to unlock the extra characters, then the MD5 will not match and the player will be kicked. If you edited the USER.INI to get the extra characters, no issue there, it will still work. Anyway, still works fine here with the USER.INI tweak.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by frogger187
    Trying to understand how unlocking players by adding lines to user.ini can be one of highest online security concerns
    This is not what this version disallow... UTSecure checks the .upl files, so if someone edited the .upl to unlock the extra characters, then the MD5 will not match and the player will be kicked. If you edited the USER.INI to get the extra characters, no issue there, it will still work. Anyway, still works fine here with the USER.INI tweak.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Trying to understand how unlocking players by adding lines to user.ini can be one of highest online security concerns

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any chance we will be seeing the security mutator on the offical Atari/Epic servers?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fiLa
    if you are talking about my ini editor i can tell you that it is 100% no key stealer, some stupid german brought up this rumor.
    It's not an ini editor. It's an "optimizer" that just runs in a DOS window and then that's it. Has some percent done with "analyzing ut2k4 settings", then "analyzing windows video settings", then "making changes".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X