X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by darkonrt
    Hey doc can you update us on progress of stats being disabled?
    And if you are close to finding the problem with the master server load?
    I second that. Its been 2 weeks since the original update in this thread, but nothing since. Apart from the obvious attraction of the stats which many ppl have expressed, I've been playing Clan matches. Should a dispute arise, we don't have stats to back up a claimed match result.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey doc can you update us on progress of stats being disabled?
    And if you are close to finding the problem with the master server load?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not yet. Word is that they will be releasing a server side patch for this sometime soon... I sort of have the feeling there are other things (probably anti-bot) going into the server patch too and that it won't be released until they're all working correctly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone at Epic.

I have the MAC version and can't log onto servers with your security patch/mutator. I remember the same thing happening on the original Unreal Tournament, but there was a work around.

Is there any way to allow MAC users through your security patch on servers running it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: CD KEY THEFT AND ATARI'S DEAF EAR

After posting here more than a week ago - I sent an email to Atari's Technical Support regarding receiving this message.

Send email to me personally. Might take me a few days (I'm pretty backlogged) but I'll do what I can.

Unlocked characters being insecure well thats the dummest thing ive herd of yet , why would it be ?????

If you unlock them in the ini it's fine. If you hack your UPL files it's bad.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "The Master server has determined your CD-Key is either invalid or already in use. If this problem persists, please contact Atari Technicial support."

After posting here more than a week ago - I sent an email to Atari's Technical Support regarding receiving this message.

The problem continues today, often interrupting pub games and clan matches.

I am frustrated by Atari's lack of response on the issue.

Is there a way that I can request that they:

A) Provide me with a new key (I will show proof of purchase)

and

B) UNIVERSALLY BAN MY OLD KEY TO PREVENT THE PIRATES FROM EVER USING IT TO PLAY ONLINE.

I want justice

CHU
    Check my sig. Your key hasn't been stolen, unless of course you gave it away, or downloaded a trojan. The Master Server can't keep up with what servers your on, and eventually tricks itself into thinking the same key is on multiple servers - at which point it boots your *** off.

I have two keys to help dodge the problem if I need to GTF back into a game NOW, but it is still pretty frustrating. Sometimes that minute and a half spent editing the registry and rejoining the server means another flag cap for the enemy team.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems kinda backwards

So Epic is pushing their "rent a server" service...
    Ok so these would be servers that send their stats where?
    Right.
    These would be servers that need the updated patch to prevent cheaters which they can download from...?
    Uh-huh.

No place.

Not sure you guys are putting your energies in the right places.

If the game works and the servers work then people will want to play. Doesn't seem like you have enough people wanting to play to warrant renting a ton of servers to play on.

Maybe get that patch done and get that stats server up and running for good and then re-focus your efforts.

Cart before the horse...sure seems like it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: HELP - Tabs/Servers missing from Server Browser?

Originally posted by icekara

Also, I just read that stats are down ... which sucks because I had my best game ever and broke 350 in a CTF match against some of the best ranked UT2003 players who have always beat me.

I also beat the pants of this guy who always calls everyone who plays against him a camper (but only when he loses, and especially if its a girl) in a 1 on 1 CTF.

Now nobody will ever believe me. :bulb:
    Stats have been down since March24th.....We are pushing 20 days now...:cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: HELP - Tabs/Servers missing from Server Browser?

Originally posted by icekara
    =I= believe you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HELP - Tabs/Servers missing from Server Browser?

It's Easter weekend (Apr 9-11 2004) and when I go to play online the only server browser tabs that show up are the ones to the left of the Favorites tab.

That means no game types (CTF, Bombing Run, Mutant, etc), no Buddies list, etc.

Is this because of the work on the Master Server?

Also, I just read that stats are down ... which sucks because I had my best game ever and broke 350 in a CTF match against some of the best ranked UT2003 players who have always beat me.

I also beat the pants of this guy who always calls everyone who plays against him a camper (but only when he loses, and especially if its a girl) in a 1 on 1 CTF.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by STeeLHeaDR
    Unlocked characters being insecure well thats the dummest thing ive herd of yet , why would it be ?????
    if you modify the ini it's fine, hacked upls are what cause the trouble

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [BHSS]Roadkill
    its to late to go through all the posts so i'll just ask

is there an ETA on when the stats servers will be back? im racking up the holy **** kills lol
    I would like to bump this question

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's an INI editor major Unreal news sites posted about. I suggest heading over to e.g. BeyondUnreal.com, that way you can be sure to grab The Real Thing instead of potentially key-stealing fakes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi im just wodering about a file ive been hearing about. its called agent ini as i read through this thread i was unsure about the claims about various cd key stealers. i guess what im asking is is agent INI safe to use? has anyone heard of it? i got it off fileplanet.com so i assumed it was fine but im the insecure type and i just want to feel safe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X