Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updates on Security, Master Server, Stats and Email

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Mr.Moe
    gotta correct myself - now it does 1 game a second

    nice
    Still says wed 24th here

    Comment


      I've seen the no-cd patch exe that everyone has been talking about, but I'm very puzzled.... The actual retail exe is over 1MB, while the no-cd version is less than 100kb. How can there be such a difference? Can over 900kb be dedicated to nothing but cd protection schemes?

      Comment


        ... Probably the wrong place for that question, mate.

        Tho who knows.

        Athenor

        Comment


          Originally posted by Xipher
          You can have utsecure make a special log, its in the settings.
          I see that.... but I am not sure how to set it.....

          bUseCustomLog=false
          LogFileName=UTSecure2K4

          Do I need to set that value to true???

          Comment


            Originally posted by Mcrobrewer
            I see that.... but I am not sure how to set it.....

            bUseCustomLog=false
            LogFileName=UTSecure2K4

            Do I need to set that value to true???
            yes

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mcrobrewer
              I see that.... but I am not sure how to set it.....

              bUseCustomLog=false
              LogFileName=UTSecure2K4

              Do I need to set that value to true???
              According to the readme file, yes.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Wormbo
                According to the readme file, yes.
                lol - I love these gentle "dig in the ribs" answers

                Comment


                  Originally posted by uglyduck_uk
                  lol - I love these gentle "dig in the ribs" answers
                  Ya really.... apparently some people feel better when putting down others...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Mcrobrewer
                    Ya really.... apparently some people feel better when putting down others...
                    That is true for some of course ... how do you feel

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by CaptainZap
                      Can over 900kb be dedicated to nothing but cd protection schemes?
                      Yes. The bulk of most game executables is the CD check garbage.

                      Far Cry's cracked executable is less than 100k in size, while the default executable (with the copy protection garbage, that I had to strip away if I wanted to play the game without logging in with an Administrator account) is over one megabyte.

                      Comment


                        Dr. Sin: Are set commands currently being blocked at the Master Server? What will be the policy toward them moving forward? Will a list of acceptible/unacceptible commands be published? TIA.

                        Comment


                          CD-Key Stolen or Generated?

                          I purchased this game - and now I'm starting to get the "CD key invalid or in-use error"

                          Can anyone tell me what my recourse is?

                          This is absolute BS.

                          Is this a security issue (I have no UT2k4 custom downloads other than what's stored in my cache)?

                          Are there key-gen programs that could've matched my key?

                          ...
                          alBchu::LOB::

                          Comment


                            DrSiN im not gonna explain fully but what is diffrent from the Atari offical servers UTSecure and regular UTSecure...it has to be something but I cant see why they would be diffrent but they are

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ass2inagain
                              DrSiN im not gonna explain fully but what is diffrent from the Atari offical servers UTSecure and regular UTSecure...it has to be something but I cant see why they would be diffrent but they are
                              Maybe he did some customizations and its being tested on those. They are offical servers, so I am sure they would get an updated version before any one else now.

                              Comment


                                yea..well if so i can say that the new UTSecure when it is released is gonna stop a lot of botters
                                whoohoo

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X