[UT2004] Adding Custom Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UT2004] Adding Custom Bots

Is there anything I need to know before adding custom bots?

Has the process changed? Any files I need to edit?

Good luck, I wanted to do the same and got no answer. I tried editing the files, but once you do that all the bots use the Jakob skin.

I have no idea how to accomplish this, and have given up for the time being. Maybe someone else will be successful at it..

Comment

did you guys managed to succeed since that post ?

( wondering since im trying too )

Comment

I'm still in the process............

Will anybody assist me testing this? I've just installed custom bots on my server but need someone to join a session to see if your able to see myself or yourself using a custom bot...........

If you wanna help please contact me on ICQ 104359090 or at AIM unrealprojects

Comment

SUCCES !

Hi !

:bulb:

Sorry, couldnt get back to you on this, I'm punching alot of hours at the office nowadays...

Good news !

I actually got it working, but for custom names, models, AND skins, and all of it on the free dedicated server version !

weeeeeeeee !

As you already figured out theres a lot of little tweaks required,
          so I dont want to risk forgetting a detail and misguide you...

Ive already started building a mini tutorial that should be at most completed on next the weekend !

Ill happily share all the knowledge with you and all other fellow unreal-ers by putting the thing in my homepage as soon as its done ( err yeah this weekend, confirmed ! )

:haha:

mmm ( maybe ill also send it to polycount as well hehe, why not ? )

REMINATOR

Comment

Re: SUCCES !

Originally posted by reminator
            Hi !

:bulb:

Sorry, couldnt get back to you on this, I'm punching alot of hours at the office nowadays...

Good news !

I actually got it working, but for custom names, models, AND skins, and all of it on the free dedicated server version !

weeeeeeeee !

As you already figured out theres a lot of little tweaks required,
            so I dont want to risk forgetting a detail and misguide you...

Ive already started building a mini tutorial that should be at most completed on next the weekend !

Ill happily share all the knowledge with you and all other fellow unreal-ers by putting the thing in my homepage as soon as its done ( err yeah this weekend, confirmed ! )

:haha:

mmm ( maybe ill also send it to polycount as well hehe, why not ? )

REMINATOR

Sure is good news......

Comment

Im not sure what you mean but if you have new models/skins installed on your server then in order for clients who join to see them they would also need those same files installed.

Standard model/skin files are not uploadable to clients from the server and that has been the case since UT2003 was released.

I dont think that has changed for UT2004 and in order for you to push custom skins to clients so they will see them when they enter your server you would need to create new packages for them or Skinmod.u files ect ect. It will also make for large file uploads that clients probably wont wait for!

That process for making the pushable skin content can be quite frustrating if you have not done it before.

So if you got the skinmod.u file and all the other relevant files in the server packages then it might work! Good Luck..

Outside of that if you have a standard custom skin installed properly and the client has the same installed properly then it should be visible!

Comment

Any status on this? I'd like to have a small, custom rotation of bots and I can't seem to get it to work.

Comment

Look Here........

http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.p...eab34dc8fe0d8e

Comment

any news on that ?

Comment

I get an "invalid module" error off of that link Prefablab

Comment

Working...
                      X