Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti TCC for UT2004 released (Hack Protection)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like it's working well.. just got permbanned from two servers for using brightskins

Comment

Note: The title of the message box is always "Permanent Ban". That's a bug in UT2004's message box code.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
        Note: The title of the message box is always "Permanent Ban". That's a bug in UT2004's message box code.
        Ahhh... alright then.

Comment

GJ Wormbo :up:

Comment

Originally posted by AudioMix
            This is nice wormbo, however I cannot use this until TTM has a stable working version. We know that TTM is going offer team colors for all skins and we dont know how bright they will be. A compromise will need to be reached between epic, ttm and you wormbo on how bright skins will be.
            The brightskins that this is blocking are client-side ones, not ones given to the player through mods.

Originally posted by Wormbo
            but if you continue to use brightskins it is a permanent ban :haha:

Comment

<delete me> double post

Comment

I'll keep using them, the servers I play on won't use Anti-TCC anyway

Otherwise most of the regular players of those servers would be banned, heh.

Comment

As I said before: skin checks can be disabled.

Comment

Why do people cheat? what sort of satisfaction do you get at paying for a game,. not learning how to master it properly and then climb a ladder by the use of a computer controlled piece of software that aims for you?

Its a bit sad isnt it? but it shows that there are lots of people out there not willing to take there time to learn something, a case of the instant/i want that now culture that seems to be around us all.

I think atari/epic should stop the stats,... that would make cheating pointless, and provide a more fun game.

Comment

Seriously, checking the skins used is really ****ed up and should be off by default. I hope this is not installed on the servers I play on if skin checking is on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
                        Seriously, checking the skins used is really ****ed up and should be off by default. I hope this is not installed on the servers I play on if skin checking is on.
                        Why is it ****ed up? Use the serverside options that are available instead --> http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=641964

Comment

if you disable skin checks you open the doors to a hell of a lot of other hacks besides bright skins.

ie

invisible skins
                          black skins
                          skins that could crash your server

Comment

Nice to see Anti-TCC for ut2k4. Curious which one is going to win, Anti-TCC or UT-Secure.

But i've got a minor question. Since this is the LE version is their also a not LE version arround? If the answer is Yes, what are they extra options/features?

Comment

Installed Anti-TCC successfully at my servers, but players experience a one second freeze one second and 26 seconds into each game.

Anyone else experienced this? What's the cause and what can be done about it?

Comment

Got this as well, was testing in a lan situation, it was an all of a sudden lag spike, then gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X