Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT2003 MasterServers not working?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2003 MasterServers not working?

for the last few days my UT2003 game has stopped recieving server lists from the Masterservers
    at "UT2003Master1.epicgames.com"
    & "UT2003Master2.epicgames.com"
    returning the error "MasterServer connection failed"
    Anyone know whats going on?

My Games & Servers:-
    UT2003 retail + Server updated to v2225 not recieving serverlists - (Server Port 7755)
    Unreal retail + Server updated to v227h working 100% - (Server Port 7766)
    Unreal Tournament + Server updated to v251 working 100% - (Server Port 7777)
    UT2004 Retail + Server updated to v3369 64bit Upgrade working 100% - (Server Port 7788)

AMD quad core 3.4ghz
    4gb Ram
    500gb HDD
    Windows7
    Dave "Roebuck" unreal://ihsg.dynalias.com:77##

It may get addressed more quickly if you post something about it here:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-00-AM-Eastern
    (not really a UT2003 thread, but it is a UT2004 master server thread that Flak checks routinely and may at least get answers for you)

Comment

I recently installed again this great game. So the master server was still working these days? I hope it doenst die, this game is pretty awesome, even for today standarts, and probably will make us old gamers get interested in the new UT ones...

Comment

Originally posted by LichKing View Post
        I recently installed again this great game. So the master server was still working these days? I hope it doenst die, this game is pretty awesome, even for today standarts, and probably will make us old gamers get interested in the new UT ones...
        Well as 30th May 2012 : 12:00 Noon GMT the UT2003 MasterServers are again online, and now ALL my Unreal servers are online once again, the last time I recall the Masterservers were offline was back in 2007 for 2 days.

My Unreal Servers at : unreal://ihsg.dynalias.com:77## (Server Port)
        IHSG is an abbreviation of "Inch High Sniper Guy" which was first introduced on the Old Unreal in 1998 by Jim "Kap'n'Karnage" after moving onto UnrealTournament in 1999 I continued the theme, using the Large Room format - 95% of maps on my Servers are IHSG modified with custom weapons & HighSpeed Redirects even on the Original Unreal updated to V227h. I also provide full web support for the Server files.

UT2003 Server v2225 - (Server Port 7777)
        Unreal Server v227h - (Server Port 7755)
        Unreal Tournament v451 - (Server Port 7766)
        UT2004 Server v3369 - (Server Port 7788)
        High Speed Redirects for All Servers. Web support at http://ihsg.dynalias.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roebuck View Post
          Well as 30th May 2012 : 12:00 Noon GMT the UT2003 MasterServers are again online, and now ALL my Unreal servers are online once again, the last time I recall the Masterservers were offline was back in 2007 for 2 days.

My Unreal Servers at : unreal://ihsg.dynalias.com:77## (Server Port)
          IHSG is an abbreviation of "Inch High Sniper Guy" which was first introduced on the Old Unreal in 1998 by Jim "Kap'n'Karnage" after moving onto UnrealTournament in 1999 I continued the theme, using the Large Room format - 95% of maps on my Servers are IHSG modified with custom weapons & HighSpeed Redirects even on the Original Unreal updated to V227h. I also provide full web support for the Server files.

UT2003 Server v2225 - (Server Port 7777)
          Unreal Server v227h - (Server Port 7755)
          Unreal Tournament v451 - (Server Port 7766)
          UT2004 Server v3369 - (Server Port 7788)
          High Speed Redirects for All Servers. Web support at http://ihsg.dynalias.com
          Cool, your servers are working, but i still cant get anything from master server. it freezes at "querying master server". I wonder if im doing something wrong.

Comment

k, im happy to say i fixed it. just switched to another master server on my ut2003.ini file:

Code:
            [IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
            LANPort=11777
            LANServerPort=10777
            CurrentMasterServer=0
            i changed
            Code:
            CurrentMasterServer=0
            to
            Code:
            CurrentMasterServer=1
            (ut2003master2.epicgames.com)

Awesome that Epicgames didnt just forget about their older games. Gives a boost on this company's trustworth for me.

Comment

using notepad or similar standard text editor you should check your X://Path/UT2003/System/UT2003.ini
              replacing if neccessary the [IpDrv.MasterServerLink] section with the following

[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
              LANPort=11777
              LANServerPort=10777
              CurrentMasterServer=3
              MasterServerPort[0]=28902
              MasterServerAddress[0]=master0.gamespy.com
              MasterServerPort[1]=28902
              MasterServerAddress[1]=www.telefragged.com
              MasterServerPort[2]=28902
              MasterServerAddress[2]=ut2003master1.epicgames.com
              MasterServerPort[3]=28902
              MasterServerAddress[3]=ut2003master2.epicgames.com

these are the current Default MasterServers for UT2003

for UT2004 the following are the Default MasterServers:-

you should check your X://Path/UT2004/System/UT2004.ini
              replacing if neccessary the [IpDrv.MasterServerLink] section with the following

[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
              LANPort=11780
              LANServerPort=10780
              MasterServerList=(Address="ut2004master2.epicgames .com",Port=28902)
              MasterServerList=(Address="ut2004master1.epicgames .com",Port=28902)
              MasterServerList=(Address="ut2004master0.epicgames .com",Port=28902)

Comment

nice, yeah i did that, but ut2003master2.epicgames.com was my second (number 1). you know if those other master servers are working? master0.gamespy.com and www.telefragged.com?

Comment

Originally posted by LichKing View Post
                  nice, yeah i did that, but ut2003master2.epicgames.com was my second (number 1). you know if those other master servers are working? master0.gamespy.com and www.telefragged.com?
                  Yes I believe that they are both still working, although the telefragged site has seemed to have disappeared the masterserver still operates????

Comment

Working...
                  X