Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated Server Problems (with mods)

This is for UT2k4.

I am having issues with running a dedicated server.. namely the fact that when anyone tries to join my server it automatically has them start downloading whatever mods I have.. even IF I dont have them enabled in the mutator menu..

Now I tried turning AllowDownloads to False in the ye ole advance commands menu for the dedicated server but then when they try to connect it says download failed (file name here)

I told my friend to download the mod that I have (The only one I have, U4E5 Beta 4) and he installed it.. now I dont know if he installed it correctly or not but even when he tried to join my server it was making him download the mod, that he already had.

Any suggestions?

The packages you make the clients download are listed in your UT2004.ini, the lines starting with 'ServerPackages'. Just comment out the mods you don't want clients to download.

Comment

Thanks, ill check it out and let you know if I have any problems.

Comment

Okay so I removed it like you said from the server packages and now people can get in with the mod disabled and not have to download it if I aint using it...

problem still however.. if my friend installed the mod right, the same version as mine.. would he have to download it if he is connecting to my server? (with it enabled of course)

Comment

if he has the same version he wont download it when he joins

if he has a modified mod with the same name he will get a mismatch error when he tries to join

Comment

Working...
          X