Problems hosting a server...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems hosting a server...

Hey, I have problems hosting my own server... I forwarded my router, and my firewall

Ports: 7777-7788,27900,42292 TCP/UDP IN/OUT

But my server is not joinable

Please help

Thanks,

MaarX

Look HERE. This should help you out.

Comment

I looked there..

Yes, I looked there, under the headline: Running a Server Behind NAT

I did everything that they said there, but I don't know if it's working, (I see my dedicated server in the list... With N/A behind it). And when I click copy server adress, it displays: ut2004://81.68.120.155:2201 and I don't have port 2201 open??? port 2201 isn't a standard one?

Also, if anyone likes to test, the servers name is "MaarX Server" deathmatch...

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by MaarX
        I see my dedicated server in the list... With N/A behind it
        First off, are you trying to join via the Internet tab? If you and the server are behind the same router, don't do that. Join via the LAN tab. In most cases you will not be able to join or see ping or server info because of the way your router works.

And when I click copy server adress, it displays: ut2004://81.68.120.155:2201 and I don't have port 2201 open??? port 2201 isn't a standard one?
        Have you configured your server to run on port 2201? If not, you're most likely being bitten by the NAT bug. For more info, see this thread.

Comment

Well, I just checked my Ded. Server... and

NetComeGo: Open myLevel 08/25/06 11:08:02 85.22.13.0:1788
          Log: Client netspeed is 2600
          ScriptLog: New Player Axe id=30c68b4c5b57117068033a5df7589801
          NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 85.22.13.0:1788 08/25/06 11:08:30
          >

was in the log, that means someone must have joined?

Only the game wasn't set to start:

ScriptLog: START MATCH was not included... So this person has joined as a spectator? Or is my server bugged?

And also, how can I configure my server to run on a specific port?

(I think it's a NAT bug, because last time I set up a dedicated server my port was like 4504 or something)

And what can I do to prevent this "NAT Bug"?

The thread you gave didn't post a solution...

Comment

I just ran into the same problem. I had a D-Link DI-624 router (revision C3) that was hit by lightning. It did not have the NAT problem. I replaced it with another D-Link DI-624 (revision C1 this time) and it had the NAT problem. I returned the DI-624 and bought a Linksys WRT54GC router and it works fine now.

Comment

Ded.Server screwed?

Ok, I hosted a Listen server today, and someone joined, I also started up
              UT2K4 twice to see what port my listen server would run on. And voila, 7777. I could play with someone else

I think that the whole dedicated server is messed up.

Thanks for all the replies

Comment

NetComeGo: Open myLevel 08/25/06 11:08:02 85.22.13.0:1788
                Log: Client netspeed is 2600
                ScriptLog: New Player Axe id=30c68b4c5b57117068033a5df7589801
                NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 85.22.13.0:1788 08/25/06 11:08:30
                ScriptLog: START MATCH was not included... So this person has joined as a spectator? Or is my server bugged?
                Your server is probably set to not start until a certain number of players have joined, check MinNetPlayers

And also, how can I configure my server to run on a specific port?
                Under [URL] in your UT2004.ini, look for Port.

And what can I do to prevent this "NAT Bug"?

The thread you gave didn't post a solution...
                The solution would be for Epic to fix the bug. But seeing how they have known about it for over three years and still not fixed it, I think it's safe to say they won't be fixing it.
                What you can do is buy a router with a NAT implementation that does not alter the source port. Linksys have traditionally been the safe bet but recently I've seen people with newer Linksys routers get bitten too.

But seeing that your listen server worked, and that someone actually did manage to join your dedicated at one time, I think maybe you need to check the configuration for strangeness first.

Comment

Configuration:

Min Players: 1
                  UT2004.ini: [URL] Port = 7777 (That port runs on Listen, perfectly)

Very weird that another could join via my 2201 port (or somthing like that :P)

Anyway I think it works now Thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                  X