Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best server setup?

Hi all,

I have the hardware and I have a good co-location for setting up a dedicated UT2K4 server. My next problem is what makes the best server setup?

1) Windows 32-bit/UT2K4 32-bit

2) Windows 64-bit/UT2K4 64-bit

3) Linux 32-bit/ UT2K4 32-bit

4) Linux 64-bit/ UT2K4 64-bit

I would like to get a dedicated server up and running for UT2K4 now and transition to UT2K7 when it's ready, so I would like to use the best OS for both. Any help in making a decision would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Solid

The best OS is the one you are most experienced with. Simple as that.

In this particular there may be a case against the 64-bit versions though, there have been issues with the game on both xp64 and amd64 if I remember correctly. So you might want to look into that before deciding on one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedApe
      The best OS is the one you are most experienced with. Simple as that.

In this particular there may be a case against the 64-bit versions though, there have been issues with the game on both xp64 and amd64 if I remember correctly. So you might want to look into that before deciding on one of them.

Quoted for the truth. Use what you know best, for security is most important.

Comment

Linux is by far the better server OS. It is more stable, takes less resources and doesn't suffer from Windows bloat....

Comment

Working...
        X