Cheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheats

In UT2004 is there any need to load snti cheater type programs and if so whats the best?

If you run any anti-cheat program, prepare to lose some players, cheaters or not. Simply said, both anti cheat program I know (Anti-TCC and UTAN, is that the right name? anyway) are not perfect and some people do not like this, so they go and play in servers without any anti-cheat stuff.

The best anti-cheat remains active administration on the server, but I understand it takes time and not everyone have the time to do it.

To be honest, I rarely saw cheaters in this game, and most servers with Anti-TCC or UTAN ended being annoying much, much more than those without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF
      If you run any anti-cheat program, prepare to lose some players, cheaters or not. Simply said, both anti cheat program I know (Anti-TCC and UTAN, is that the right name? anyway) are not perfect and some people do not like this, so they go and play in servers without any anti-cheat stuff.

The best anti-cheat remains active administration on the server, but I understand it takes time and not everyone have the time to do it.

To be honest, I rarely saw cheaters in this game, and most servers with Anti-TCC or UTAN ended being annoying much, much more than those without them.
      UTAN is NOT an anti cheat program. UTAN is nothing more than a database.
      And the only players you might lose from it in the beginning are globally banned players (if you configure it that way).

The other popular cheat detection program is "safe game".

But as said. Active admninistration is the best protection against cheaters, teamswitchers, idlers, chat spammers, etc...

for further information about all that, go to:

http://www.unrealadmin.org

(EPIC staff post there too sometimes)

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
        UTAN is NOT an anti cheat program.
        And the only players you might lose from it in the beginning are globally banned players (if you configure it that way).
        UTAN is nothing more than a database.

The other popular cheat detection program is "safe game".
        Uh sorry, your right I was just, you know, a bit lost

Thanks for the correction.

Comment

personaly i use utsecure in log mode

working great with package scan put to off

i tested ,this stop loading of any cheat trying

i have a ton's off mutator no others anticheat working with me

but now its working and dont have any problem and no lag at all

Comment

Working...
          X