Dedicated server key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated server key?

I need some help. I rented a ut2k3 server from defconservers and its rumming fine but wont show up in the master server list. I contacted defcon and they said we need a dedicated server key but the epic website that generates them is down. Is there any way around this? Anyone know how long hte epic site has been down or when it will be back up? Can I use the retail game cd key?Is there a key generator for this? Any suggestions?

Thx.

I do not recommend that you use your game key on a rented server (or any machine over which you do not have absolute control).

The key generator is down due to problems with the stats database.

If they charge you for the server they should provide a key. If they haven't got spare keys they should be able to use one of the keys already in use.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply

"If they charge you for the server they should provide a key. If they haven't got spare keys they should be able to use one of the keys already in use" - I agree but they told me I have to wait until they can get one from epic and im stuck paying for the server even tho I cant get a key Defcon said they would check everyday for a key but it seems strange that there is nothing they can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedApe
        I do not recommend that you use your game key on a rented server (or any machine over which you do not have absolute control).

The key generator is down due to problems with the stats database.

If they charge you for the server they should provide a key. If they haven't got spare keys they should be able to use one of the keys already in use.
        Would my key from the game work tho? I wouldnt really care if they had access to it. If it will work can u please tell me how to use it? Can I just upload it to one of the game folders or do I have to edit the .ini?
        Thanks again for the help-i've been searching for hours on the forums and couldnt find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by wemmington
          Would my key from the game work tho? I wouldnt really care if they had access to it. If it will work can u please tell me how to use it? Can I just upload it to one of the game folders or do I have to edit the .ini?
          Yes it works. How it is added depends on what platform they're running the server on and also what access you have to the server. Check this thread out for details and talk to your provider about the best approach.

Comment

Thanks NakedApe

Comment

Working...
            X