X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beyond 100%

what causes some maps to keep downloading beyond 100%

Cheers

1) Player is downloading a map, but in the meantime the map gets switched to another (admin change or simply slow download and map is already over before you downloaded it). MIght also happen with a reboot when using a redirect, but i'm not sure.
    2) Redirect compressed .uz2 file is corrupt.

Comment

when the file on the redirect has the same name but is different than the file your server has the server cant tell its different until you download it from the redirect then goes to load the map or file and it then it sees its not that same map or file so it then sends the map again from itself not the redierct the reason it appears to go 0ver 100% is this happens so fast that the % counter is not reset it just continues.

the fix is to note the name of the map rename the map on the server then upload the compressed uz2 file to your redirect example:

DM-whatever.ut2 remane to DM-whatever][.ut2 :bulb:

Comment

what happens is it downloads this map DM-ChemicalSector 3905k really fast from the redirecr server i guess, then it starts to download DM-ChemicalSector 3905k again but very slow then just keeps going past 100%. I have downloaded the map straight from the redirect server and extracted it and it playes fine so i dont think it is corrupt.

cheers

Comment

think i have sussed it, the version on the redirect server was 15MB when extracted but the one on my server is 17MB so i uploaded the redirect one to my server and it works fine now

cheers

Comment

ya like i said lol anyway glad u got it sorted bro :up:

Comment

Working...
            X