Clear All

Originally posted by ghr15
    -bla-
    Readeth my lips:

You-are-not-banned-for-swearing-
    you-are-banned-for-insulting-harassing-
    moking-and-irritating-the-admins-and-owner-during-your-appeal

Comment

Your right there is irony there. Though I don't think irony bit me on the butt. I think it bit me on the nut sack this time. If only I had the money to run my own server. Then I only have to abide by the rules I make. Even then no one can ban me for something they don't like. I also think its ironic to have a no swearing rule on a server for a game that has swearing in it. My biggest point is if you don't like swearing play another game. I have never been kicked for swearing from any server. I have been kicked for being acused of cheating. I have been kicked for haveing bad ping before I had cable internet. But never swearing if it's not an adult only game I don't swear. To make a server with no swearing so kids can play it is nuts. If I swear on a server and a kid is exposed to that it's the parents fault as the kid should not of been there. It states on the box this game is not for kids. If I was a father I would not let my kid play a M for mature game. What other reason could that rule be. Besides the owner of the site is the one that said that. If I was running a server on any adult game and I found out a player was a kid I would ban him on the spot. I would not however ban for swearing. So if I was on that server and I had auto taunts on' and the auto taunt says kiss my ***, or die ***** does that mean they would ban for that to. THe lesson I learned is if I'm gonna tell a guy off and there is no admin at the time. Use the mic to tell him off then I cant get caught. After all it's not breaking the rules if you'r not caught. I only listen to the rules the makers of the game made. I don't follow rules someone else adds to it.

Comment

*a whole lotta BLA*
        I only listen to the rules the makers of the game made. I don't follow rules someone else adds to it. [/B]
        Which is exactly the reason why you're apparently banned from so many servers. Go play on Atari servers. There's plenty of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
          BTW: Watch out for irony, it might bite you in the behind.
          Talking about irony, I have two baskets of the stuff to do

Originally posted by ghr(aged)15
          I can't play hallf life 2 online no more beacause my freind installed cheats in the game without my knowledge, and that was a month after I bought it. A 50 dollar game and I get to play it a month. I tryed to expalin the cheats that got me banned were put there without my knowing it. But they to had a zero tolarence policy. That is why I hate it when people are like that.
          A pound for every time I have heard that one

Comment

first off that last guy is right there is plenty of servers that I can play on. Another thing that needs to be said is. I could see being banned for harasing. what I don't understand is why when I made a new user name and put a post to appologise they ban me for that. I would give someone another chance if they took the effort to appoligise. So in some ways I think there attitude is worse than mine. Call me what you want but I would not do that to someone. Not every has a ablility to deal with every thing calmly. I just don't understand why the owner of that server is so judge mental. Like he never makes a mistake. As far as I'm concerned that is total bs. Am I the only one that things banning someone permanetly for breaking the rules once is unfair. When someone apologises the right thing to do is accept it.

Comment

When someone apologises the right thing to do is accept it.
              Lecturing isnt appologising. Look it up in your dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by -]Fusi√łN[-
                Lecturing isnt appologising. Look it up in your dictionary.
                I'm not lecturing I just don't understand why people have zero understanding sometimes. People make mistakes is it too much to be given a break for a mistake I made. I said in the post I was sorry for swearing and for being nasty on the forum. I even said that I won't swear again if I get unbanned. Should that not be enough guess not. I appologise and 2 of the moderators were pretty nasty about it. Basically it went like this I said sorry and they blocked my ip. That's a big screw you right there. They might as well said that what they did meant the same thing.

Comment

You said sorry, the admin said he will look into it and -->>chill<<-- in the meantime, WHICH YOU DIDNT. You didnt chill ffs but just had to go rampage on the admins right after the post where the admin said he would solve it.

Now which #$@#$!@ part dont you understand? Cause im starting to grow tired of it.

Comment

I wouldn't even bother continuing to look into the ban if the guy continued to trash-talk after I told him to chill while I was looking into the problem. If he can't follow a simple request like that he doesn't deserve a second chance (because this somehow was that second chance already)

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
                      I wouldn't even bother continuing to look into the ban if the guy continued to trash-talk after I told him to chill while I was looking into the problem. If he can't follow a simple request like that he doesn't deserve a second chance (because this somehow was that second chance already)
                      I see your point but I did apologise that should be enough. I would not have a problem unbanning someone if they apologised. Im I the only one that thinks banning poeple for the odd swear word is crazy. I think the owner of that server is very judgemental.

Comment

It's his server. It's he who pays for it. It's he who decides what content will be acceptable on his server. In the old days, they said a captain was the king of his ship, no matter who was on board. Now, server admins have taken that helm. Server admins are God. Best not **** them off, lest ye suffer the consequences. You had your chance, you blew it.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, Cain's Lair is probably the most well known and best set of servers for Unreal Tournament. He's been a server admin for a long time now. I think he knows what he's doing, and he's probably fairer than many over server admins.

If you were on my server, you would have been banned the first time you mouthed off, no ifs, ands, or buts. You don't go sticking your head in a lion's mouth, do you? Then learn not to **** off server admins.

Comment

Originally posted by JonesyX
                          It's his server. It's he who pays for it. It's he who decides what content will be acceptable on his server. In the old days, they said a captain was the king of his ship, no matter who was on board. Now, server admins have taken that helm. Server admins are God. Best not **** them off, lest ye suffer the consequences. You had your chance, you blew it.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, Cain's Lair is probably the most well known and best set of servers for Unreal Tournament. He's been a server admin for a long time now. I think he knows what he's doing, and he's probably fairer than many over server admins.

If you were on my server, you would have been banned the first time you mouthed off, no ifs, ands, or buts. You don't go sticking your head in a lion's mouth, do you? Then learn not to **** off server admins.
                          I agree with most of what you are saying. I agree I should of handled it better. Obviously if I appoligised I felt I was in the wrong. If you feel you're not wrong about something why would you appologise. Obviously I liked playing on that server other wise I would not of even bothered to even post at all. Why is it wrong to expect another chance after apologising. I even said it would not happen again why is that not enough to get me a second chance. One thing you said is deffinately right I wont do that again. why should I be benned permanetly for a mistake I said sorry for. Most unreal servers you swear on. So to ban people on a server for swearing once is not to fair. Could he not of just used a swearing filter instead of banning people. Yes people can get around that but ban the people who make the effort to get around it. I just think I was given a raw deal. Is it too much to ask for a warning. The game just cut out in the middle of play when that happend. It did not say I was banned it just said my connection was lost. So it's obvoiusly an admin was there. So why did he not simply warn me I would of stopped. I used a feinds pc to see if there is a warning on that server. It says sweaing may get you banned. Should it not say sweariing will get you banned no iffs ands or butts. Had it said that and I payed attention to the message at the bottom I would of listened. The admin could see that player was team killing why was he not banned. Is that also not in the rules. So it's ok to break the other rules of that server as long as you don't swear. The guy who was teamkilling me was'nt banned on the spot. I have played on that server people break the rules all the time. But the people who swear get kiced and the others don't. How is that fair. It shows on the logs if people were team killing. A guy doing something to me even after I told him to stop. It was his fault so he should be banned.

Comment

ghr15, life is short. I think it's time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach
                              ghr15, life is short. I think it's time to move on.
                              Your right I should forget about it I should not even want to be on a server that has rules I don't agree with. I should go to a server that wont ban for small things.

Comment

if your me very hard
                                Once you understand the position of the admins, you should accept that what you were doing is not compatable with the environment they wish to provide to the public. If you do not understand and agree with their policy, that is probably not the place for you then.

Further, if you don't understand, and if it is with great difficulty that you apologize, then your sincerity is not to be trusted. No torturing heretics here or there. Return when you have lost the desire to sin. Until then, your 'sorry' is just hollow.

Comment

Working...
                                X