This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -]Fusi√łN[-
    Ban isnt for life if you appeal, like i said in the beginning of the thread.

3rd ban is for life, at least with us
    Why was I not told this on there forum then I got mad at them for banning me for life for 1 thing. They said they don't want to give me a second chance which seems unfair. Just becase I was angry at the time. I had full rihgt I was mad at a guy on that server team killing me. Yes on some maps it is possible to team kill. They banned me form looking at the logs. Meaning the guy who cased me to get banned was not. Since there was no admin at the time I can't prove that.

Comment

No need to prove anything. Just say you're sorry, it wont happen again and thats it. Sjees how hard can that be?

Comment

if your me very hard

Comment

Originally posted by ghr15
          I say right on that's my point I fel it's a vilation of the right to free speach. It is an udult game so they have no right that's exaclty my point. So I swear a bit big deal I'm not hurting anyone. Its not like I'm harrasing or saying racial slurrs. The server in question is cainslair he permanently bans for saying light swearing such as dam *** and homo. If you ask me the admin of that server is out to lunch. I saw on the forum for that server that he does that because kids regularilly play on that server. My question is what the hell is a kid doing on a adult game. Your supposed to be 18 to play this game. So if a kid sees or hear's me swearing it's the parents fault for letting there kids play adult games. It's like buying your 10 year old a *****.
          I hav a harrd time beleeving yew can even swear write, much les regularilly saying racial slurrs. And as four running a server? Yew dont hav hi enuff eye-kew. :noob: :up:

Comment

Sorry about the lousy typing I have one of those gameing keyboards with the interchangable keypads. The keyset for playing games is not too good for typing. They showed me what I said it was only 3 f words that's it. To get banned for that that server must like banning people. It seems they go out of there way to ban people. It's like they have some admins on that server that have nothing better to do then look at the chat logs all day. Then ban someone if they even say one swear word. Big deal I said f--k 3 times that is all they have on me and they chose to ban me for that. Am I the only one who thinks thats nuts?

Comment

They showed me what I said it was only 3 f words that's it. To get banned for that that server must like banning people. It seems they go out of there way to ban people.
              You do understand what zero tolerance means, right?

And I'm sure the logs are processed programmatically, so at least you can take comfort that it was nothing personal.

Comment

But why have a zero tolarence policy I logged onto that server with my freinds pc. It says swearing may get you banned it says nothing about having zero tolarence for it. I think the owner of that server needs to lighten up a bit. He act like swearing is the worst thing you can do on a server. It also states on that server that team killing is against the rules. I was not the only person breaking the rules there was 5 other people. They were team killing whic on that particular map is possivle to do multiple tiimes. When i looked on that forum I only saw people being banned for swearing that's it. Has the owner of that site ever heard the saying chose you battles. That means go after the big offenders don't go after a player that breaks the rule once. I think that server likes banning people. Lastly I do take it personal . The owner says he wants to run a server where everone has fun. Is haveing to worry about being banned becase you accidently said one swear word fun. How is that at all fun if I had the moeny to have my own dedicated server I would, It's not the monthly fee it's the needing an expesive server computer that's the problem. I would love to have my own server and not have to worry about being banned for some small reason. It sounds like you think banning someone for one swear word is reasonable. How would that work if other things were that way say you're caught speeding do you think it's fair to have your licence taken away for speeding one time? Would it be fair to miss one payment on a credit card and have your credit ruined? Same kind of thing, My point is zero tolarence is not a good way to run things. Period!

Comment

You payed what 49.95 for the game? Admins pay for hardware, bandwidth, and to maintain it. In most cases its a rented gameserver which is anywhere from 20 - 50 a month or even a dedicated box which is upwards of 149+ a month. The admins of the servers have the right to run the rules they see fit. If you cant obide by those rules, then you should be banned as you would in any public place with a rule set in place.

Buying a game does not give you the right to dictate how the server is run, you can however voice your oppinion on it but should be done in an oppinion mindset not a demand.

Comment

But why have a zero tolarence policy I logged onto that server with my freinds pc. It says swearing may get you banned it says nothing about having zero tolarence for it.
                    Oh, I know nothing about that. I've never been on that server. I was just going by Fusion's post above where he stated as such.

Is haveing to worry about being banned becase you accidently said one swear word fun.
                    Not that you'll care, but I take issue with this. If gutter talk is part of your normal vernacular, then so be it. I pity you and your limited vocabulary, but hey, it's none of my business I guess. So if you and I were in voice chat, sure, it would be natural for you to let a few vulgarities slip past your lips unintentionally.

But in the matter at hand, it wasn't verbal chat. It was in written form. You had to manually type out the words, and that takes a conscious effort to do, so no, I disagree. It was no accident. Don't pretend it was. :sour:

Comment

I sgree they should be able to have the rules they want. But is it too much to ask to be given a warning instead of just issuing a permanent ban. That is not a very nice way to run things. According to me doing that is worse than swearing. I was never warned just banned. the admins on that server even think there very fair. I would agree with that if they gave warnings first. If I was running a server I would. I'm just sick of haveing to abide by rules not set by the game makers. What option do I have not every one has the money to buy a pc and pay a monthly bill. The guy who runs that server has alot of money. I saw his site he has his own personal theater in his house. my pont is i'm sick of people haveing unreasonabele prataced for running there servers. I've been banned from servers for playing good. I have been banned for stuff I didn'nt do. I have had other people get me banned permanetly from games. I can't play hallf life 2 online no more beacause my freind installed cheats in the game without my knowledge, and that was a month after I bought it. A 50 dollar game and I get to play it a month. I tryed to expalin the cheats that got me banned were put there without my knowing it. But they to had a zero tolarence policy. That is why I hate it when people are like that.

Comment

Originally posted by |Robot|Paragon
                        You payed what 49.95 for the game? Admins pay for hardware, bandwidth, and to maintain it. In most cases its a rented gameserver which is anywhere from 20 - 50 a month or even a dedicated box which is upwards of 149+ a month. The admins of the servers have the right to run the rules they see fit. If you cant obide by those rules, then you should be banned as you would in any public place with a rule set in place.

Buying a game does not give you the right to dictate how the server is run, you can however voice your oppinion on it but should be done in an oppinion mindset not a demand.
                        This was posted while I was respondng to the oter guy. I did swear on purpose but that was because I told the player that was team killing nicly to stop more than once. He would not stop doing it. Considering the circumstance I should of been let off that one time. That is the only time I ever swore on that server. Unless when useing the mic I may of slipped the odd time. The only reason I behaved that was is talking to him nicely did not seem to get my point across to him. I told him nicley to plkease stop what he was doing becasue he was team killing me. I'm not the only one he was team killing. In fact he team killed all of his team at least once. More than one player asked him nicly to stop. Like I said already I have games where team killing happened so much I stopped playing them entirely. I should not be banned from one time since I found out that no team killing is also a rule. Why is swearing more important to them than anything lelse.
                        why does everyone think that's ok if you were there at the time you would undertand why I was peaved off. If it happend to you you'd be just a mad as I am.

Comment

But why have a zero tolarence policy I logged onto that server with my freinds pc.
                          Because otherwise its impossible to define a line. You either behave or not, cause when is someone "not behaving like he/she should but maybe we can let him off but the next one wont"?

Now I dont know the policy of Cains Lair personally, but we DO give warnings in "three strikes and out" form. The only time when we dont give warnings, is if a player is ranting for a couple of games, other players are getting annoyed and it is shown in the logs. (which indeed are viewed by some ingenious perl scripts every monday)

Why still ban then without a warning then?
                          1) Since we got a tight community, non adims e.g. the server regulars also give warnings to newcomers. And their word is as good as ours.
                          2) The rules (Keep it nice. Swearing, harassing, shouting and spamming may result in a ban) is spawned in console every few minutes.
                          3) The motd when entering the server clearly says "Keep it nice, or be gone"
                          4) Our reputation on this matter is amongst the European players well known

Again, thats with us. Now if CL banned you for saying **** three times and you get a ban without a warning, is wholeheartly disagree. But I'm certain there is more behind the story you are not telling us.

Comment

As I said, there is more to this story you are not telling us. I've been asking one of the CL admins about you. It aint pretty. Whenever you are appealing and one of the admins says:

If you followed the rules then you shouldn't be banned but cursing is in the rules along with some others that are posted as you enter the game, but we are looking at it so stay calm and we will find out what happened. Then get back to you through this forum.
                            which you didnt:

No offence but i think cain could learn a bit of a better practice for running servers.
                            After that you start demanding things (I want this, I want that) to be done, giving them a lecture. This is the dumbest way to appeal for a ban. Like I said, you are a guest (not owner, guest) on their server and you act like you are god. If all you did was appeal once and just waited for the admins to solve the matter, it would have been solved long ago.

In stead, you go head on with the admins and server owner. Not smart. Imho you would have still been banned with us too if you did it like this. Not because you said ***** three times, but simply because you acted like an anti-social, which also caused you a forum and ip ban (not just a ban by GUID. Played :up: ). Better start working on those manners, cause they are well below sealevel.

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/viewtopic.php?t=2787
                            http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/viewtopic.php?t=2811

Comment

There is not anything I omitted they even showed me what I said. I told him to stop f--king team killing me. That was after I told him 5 times to stop. The guy said shut up loser so I tolld him to f--k off. Last time i didn't really swear it was an abreviation I wrote wtf why wont you stop team killing me. Ever played the map mass destruction. each base has a big gun on it if you shot your temates with that it kills them. He was shoting me and other players on purpose. Every time I would try to get the centre node up he would shoot and kill me. He knew he was killing his temates and he did'nt care. People have ruined games for me team killing me. I dont play Halo, C@C Generals or all of the command and conquer games for that matter. Ithat is only a few games that people have ruined for me. I end up haveing to sell the games at a loss becasue I don't want to play them. So people doing that also costs me money. Lastly it was only that game on that map I swore. The next map I did'nt swear in fact I did not say much at all. They were simply looking at the fact that I swore not the reason I did it. I never swear unless someone is doing some dumb thing intentionally. That does not seem fair to me they banned the wrong guy. The guy who was team killing should of been banned. So I was a bit angry when I posted on there forum who can blame me. So I later I appoligised for it and they ban me from the forum for appoligising. Even after I appoligised I got a nasty message from one of the moderators. That was uncalled for I just don't agree with people being so judgemental. They did not seem to care about the fact that one of the players on the game was harrasing me. First 10 times he did it I told him to please stop. After that he started shooting me on purpose. After another 20 times I tell him again to cut it out. The third timeI told him again to knock it off. After about 200 or more times of him team killing me is when I lost my cool. I should not get banned becasue a player harrased me till I lost it. I used a freind pc to go on tha tserver to check. Team killing and harrasing are also against the rules. They never banned the guy who caused me to swear in the first plve me a warning. If I was given a warning I would of appoligised. They ban me without even giveing me a chance to explain my actions. That guy got me banned and
                              I think its unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
                                "I have a right to swear, it's a public place and who dares to ban me anyway?!"

Yeah, right. Triple BS!
                                BTW: Watch out for irony, it might bite you in the behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X