This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfair server ban

I was palying a game on a server called cainslair.com was playing a game and all of a sudden I ended up back at the main menu. Thinking the game froze or something I decided to leave it alone a while. About 3 to 4 days later I decide to play a game when I tryed to join the server it says I have been banned. My question is if there is a way to get around that ban feature. The reason I ask is due to the fact that this for some rason keeps happening. I get banned for no reason alot unless one of my freinds is useing my pc to play this game and keeps getting me banned. Long story short I'm staring to run out of servers.

How about appealing for you bans hmmm? And keep your potty mouth (or that of your friend) in check if you dont want to be banned.

Cains Lair Appeals
    Titan Onslaught Appeals
    UTAN Appeals

Comment

If I was banned for swearing that does not seem right to get banned for swearing on a adult game. Also I have a roomate how am I supposed to stop him or his freinds from useing my pc. I would have to get one of those fingerprint things where the pc uses my finger print as a password. Ither that or put my pc under lock and key.

Comment

"I have a right to swear, it's a public place and who dares to ban me anyway?!"

Yeah, right. Triple BS!

Comment

I say right on that's my point I fel it's a vilation of the right to free speach. It is an udult game so they have no right that's exaclty my point. So I swear a bit big deal I'm not hurting anyone. Its not like I'm harrasing or saying racial slurrs. The server in question is cainslair he permanently bans for saying light swearing such as dam *** and homo. If you ask me the admin of that server is out to lunch. I saw on the forum for that server that he does that because kids regularilly play on that server. My question is what the hell is a kid doing on a adult game. Your supposed to be 18 to play this game. So if a kid sees or hear's me swearing it's the parents fault for letting there kids play adult games. It's like buying your 10 year old a *****.

Comment

Because we (titan/cains) have extensive experience in running a server, we know (not think, know) that only zero tollerence rules, e.g the policy on swearing, harassing n such, can bring an atmosphere to the server where everyone enjoys the game at its fullest. How many times have you entered a public server, where people change teams when they are losing, some idiot that has a high score keeps spamming "PWND LOSAH, YOU FUXING SUX!!!11111" or the person on the bottom of the scorelist "OMG this team is ghey. ****ING NOOBS!", etc, etc, etc. Well, that doesnt happen with us because we keep a strict policy.

Just because the cafe/dance party you visit is for 18 years and older, does that give you the right to enter the building and start swearing against everyone? I dont think the bouncers there are gonna take your "freedom of speech" excuse for not throwing you out of the compound.

Its their server, their rules. They pay for the server and you are merely a guest there. When you enter their server, you agreed to play under their rules. And if you cant do that, well it then only justifies that you are banned on so many servers.

Comment

IMO one should not be banned for swearing. After all, I find it quite entertaining when a kid gets upset and starts yelling garbage at me.

Comment

Originally posted by ghr15
                It is an adult game...
                Then why don't you start to behave like an adult? :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by moppel
                  a kid
                  I thought it was an adult game?

Comment

He could always start his own server, then swear away. Or maybe mommy won't let him.

Comment

Originally posted by -]Fusi√łN[-
                      I thought it was an adult game?
                      It is. But that doesn't keep the kids from playing it, does it?

Comment

IMO one should not be banned for swearing. After all, I find it quite entertaining when a kid gets upset and starts yelling garbage at me.
                        I agree no one should be banned for swearing it is entertaining. But I also agree that changing teams to win spamming and cheating should get you banned. My point is that server won't ban people for cheating or spamming. But swearing is just out of the question common give me break. I saw if I swore at a guy because he was being a moron and I offended him good. I don't take swearing so hard like other people do. I would never ban nyone from my server for sweaing. The only reason I don't run my own server is for some reason it wont work right. Since Attari wont seem to help I'm stuck to play in other servers. I pay to have a server on half life 2 Irarely ban people. i bay boot them that day but I don't ban them. Lastly I am not a child I am 22 years old. The only reason I swore was to tell a guy who was being a moron. reason being is more than 1 person told him to knock it off. He was useing that feature that makes your guy in the game speak. Hid did that over 200 times in half an hour. So they boot me becase I snaped on a guy who deserverd it. Why was he not booted it was obvoiusly becase of him. My pint is they banned the wrong guy this other guy should of been banned not me.

Comment

Originally posted by ghr15
                          Why was he not booted it was obvoiusly becase of him.
                          Because voicechat isnt logged, console chat is. Voicechat abuse can only be dealth with if an admin is around at that time.

The only reason I swore was to tell a guy who was being a moron. reason being is more than 1 person told him to knock it off.
                          yes, that explains the one from cains lair. But you also said:

The reason I ask is due to the fact that this for some rason keeps happening. I get banned for no reason alot unless one of my freinds is useing my pc to play this game and keeps getting me banned. Long story short I'm staring to run out of servers.
                          So thats a bit of bull.

But I also agree that changing teams to win spamming and cheating should get you banned.
                          Spamming is banworthy, just check this guy (half way of page) He now has our first permanent ban, because this is the third time we UTAN'ed him.

And for cheating, we use the global bans from the UTAN server. Cheaters caught on other servers who run AntiTCC or Safegame get global bans, which means that even though they played somewhere else, they are also banned from our server. Which works quite nicely, since in the past 9 months, we've only had two cases of possible aimbots/wallhacks/cheaters.

Start a populair server, let it run for two months and then we'll talk again.

Comment

so that guy was not banned the first time I was banned for 1 time. I think that is unfair to ban me for the life of the server for that.

Comment

Ban isnt for life if you appeal, like i said in the beginning of the thread.

3rd ban is for life, at least with us

Comment

Working...
                              X