5v5 TDM Server dedicated minimum specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5v5 TDM Server dedicated minimum specs?

What's the bare minimum for a 5v5 TDM server that runs about maybe 5 maps?

I have an antique 500mhz with 256mb ram with 2-3mbit upload that could only be used for servers.

Re: 5v5 TDM Server dedicated minimum specs?

Originally posted by Railgunner
    What's the bare minimum for a 5v5 TDM server that runs about maybe 5 maps?

I have an antique 500mhz with 256mb ram with 2-3mbit upload that could only be used for servers.
    That would probably work okay, just fill it up with players and monitor the CPU load with the Task Manager. As long as you aren't maxing out with 100% peaks, it should be fine. I know a P3 450MHz will run an 8 player DM server, but map changes are a little slow after voting.

Comment

Hm, btw, what about a 750mhz P3 with 256mb Ram, whats the maximum it could take?

Comment

It's all about the gametype, the map being run, game mode (normal weapons, instagib, or mutators), etc. The only way to know for sure is to try it with the load in question and see. If vehicles are in the mix, you'll need at least twice as much CPU as without vehicles. If you want to crank the tickrate up past the default 20, alot more cpu.

As an example, I ran my server on an Athlon 800 while I was building the upgrade server, and with 8 players on a tough to run dm map (like DM-Legoland) and normal weapons it would stay around 40% and hit 60% peaks.

Comment

Working...
        X