Server Addons and Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Addons and Questions

Hi guys. I've just started up my own DS of UT2004 Assault (82.136.20.56:7777) based in London and was wondering what essentials I need to put on it.

Also, are there any stats programs like PsychoStats that will compile server stats and output a result as html or php?

Another question would be, is there a redirect for downloading things, like you can for CSS? In otherwords, if I run a custom map and someone connects, it downloads from a seperate url and then reconnects them to the game server? This gives much quicker downloads obviously, and doesn't disturb the gamers so much.

Thanks for any help

for mutators, you should put in Anti TCC and maybe UT Comp. UAdminMod would also be good.

Comment

Re: Server Addons and Questions

Originally posted by McBain UK
      Hi guys. I've just started up my own DS of UT2004 Assault (82.136.20.56:7777) based in London and was wondering what essentials I need to put on it.

Also, are there any stats programs like PsychoStats that will compile server stats and output a result as html or php?

Another question would be, is there a redirect for downloading things, like you can for CSS? In otherwords, if I run a custom map and someone connects, it downloads from a seperate url and then reconnects them to the game server? This gives much quicker downloads obviously, and doesn't disturb the gamers so much.

Thanks for any help
      For redirect try this link it has all the necessary information for you to be able to transfer custom files.

Duca

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I've got redirect set up, just need to test it.

I put UTcomp on, but it clashed with UTvote, so I took it back off Also, I don't know if it is related cause I've not been able to test since removing it, but it kept loading the same map each round. I had to use the webinterface to load a different map.

I will try and find out what Anti TCC and Uadminmod do, thanks.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I've got redirect set up, just need to test it.

I put UTcomp on, but it clashed with UTvote, so I took it back off Also, I don't know if it is related cause I've not been able to test since removing it, but it kept loading the same map each round. I had to use the webinterface to load a different map.

I will try and find out what Anti TCC and Uadminmod do, thanks.
          Have you enabled mapvoting? I had that problem until I enabled it and also I removed all the unsed maps from the directory, now the server runs well regarding maps and their selection.

Duca

Comment

Erm How will I know if I have? Is it a setting in the UT2004.ini?

I just changed a line - bMapVote= from False to True, will that fix it?

Comment

I can't get the redirct to work. I've followed the instructions, but I it is downloading at very very slow rate.

Is there anything anyone can think that I've missed?

If the website I have the files stored is www.myweb.com/ut2004/ and then I have Maps and System etc in there, it should look like -

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
              RedirectToURL=http://www.myweb.com/ut2004/
              ProxyServerHost=
              ProxyServerPort=3128
              UseCompression=True

Correct?

Comment

Erm How will I know if I have? Is it a setting in the UT2004.ini?

I just changed a line - bMapVote= from False to True, will that fix it?
                Yes.

You need a section like this:

[xVoting.xVotingHandler]
                VoteTimeLimit=70
                ScoreBoardDelay=5
                bAutoOpen=True
                MidGameVotePercent=50
                bScoreMode=False
                bAccumulationMode=False
                bEliminationMode=False
                MinMapCount=2
                MapVoteHistoryType=xVoting.MapVoteHistory_INI
                RepeatLimit=4
                DefaultGameConfig=0
                bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
                bMapVote=True
                bKickVote=False
                bMatchSetup=False
                KickPercent=75
                bAnonymousKicking=False
                MapListLoaderType=xVoting.DefaultMapListLoader
                ServerNumber=1
                CurrentGameConfig=0
                GameConfig=

Added to your servers UT2004.ini file.

If you check out Unreal Admins tutorial on mapvoting it will giv you a fuller picture. Check it out here

Regarding your link to your web storage I am getting a 404 error.

As for Gameservers being slow it must be a glitch as I am not having too many problems with them, but you could always try Unreal Admins redirect as an alternate here

Duca

Comment

Thanks for the vote setup.

Regards the redirct, yes I gave a made up url for now, with myweb inplace of the actual domain. With CSS it was advised to me not to let people know where your download folder is, as others will leech bandwidth, using it for their servers. I guess the issue is not so bad with UT2004?

I'll rename it for now, so it is actually at -

http://www.nurcs.com/ut15/

An example would be http://www.nurcs.com/ut15/Maps/AS-Project.ut2.uz2

The line in my ini file now says -

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
                  RedirectToURL=http://www.nurcs.com/ut15/
                  ProxyServerHost=
                  ProxyServerPort=3128
                  UseCompression=True

Comment

I've just read this -

If your redirect server is using IIS you will need to add a mime type for .uz2 for your downloads folder

Umm, how do I do that? Could this be my issue?

**EDIT** Thinking about it, my CSS redirect works for bzipped files? But would that work because the webserver is linux, so it knows what to do with them or something?

Comment

Working...
                    X