Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ping N/A

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ping N/A

    I have openend all the port that every1 has asked me to open and the ping is still coming up as N/A when i try to get in my server from teh internet. it is fine in the Lan option. please i need more suggestions.

    my friend even sayas it is N/A on his computer.

    plz help me some1, i will be very greatful

    #2
    Re: Ping N/A

    Originally posted by Nigel
    I have openend all the port that every1 has asked me to open and the ping is still coming up as N/A when i try to get in my server from teh internet. it is fine in the Lan option. please i need more suggestions.

    my friend even sayas it is N/A on his computer.
    Generally, a server will always be unreachable and show N/A ping if you're behind the same router. It will work for others just fine though. This is just the way port forwarding works and there is nothing you can do about it.

    There is a problem in the master server list software that causes it to list the wrong port for your server with certain routers. You can test this by having someone outside your router add your server to favorites from the browser. Then edit the address for the entry and check the port number. If it matches the port you set in your server INI then you're not affected and the cause is something else. If it doesn't match then you're a victim of the NAT bug and you can find more info here.

    Comment


      #3
      but do i have to type ne thing into the INI files in my system files to try and get this working. i only got unreal and i am very confused how to get a ping outside the house

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Nigel
        but do i have to type ne thing into the INI files in my system files to try and get this working. i only got unreal and i am very confused how to get a ping outside the house
        If you and the server is behind the same router you will not get a ping in the Internet tab, only in the LAN tab. Like I said, this is just the way it is and you can't change that.

        Others will see a ping for you server in the Internet tab and if they don't, have them do the test I described above.

        Comment


          #5
          Ping N/A (not anymore)

          i dont know how i got it working but i just openned and forwarded all the port needed on my router and let unreal tournament run throught my firewall. my friend was able to connect to my game. YAY

          «°IT°»Virus

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NakedApe
            If you and the server is behind the same router you will not get a ping in the Internet tab, only in the LAN tab. Like I said, this is just the way it is and you can't change that.

            Sorry Ape, I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. If you're not getting an internet ping, your router is mostly likely set to discard all external pings. I get a ping on my lan and Internet tabs. The only time I didn't was when I used a craptastic Netgear router for a few days, but nobody could join the server with that POS.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by hmishima
              Sorry Ape, I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. If you're not getting an internet ping, your router is mostly likely set to discard all external pings. I get a ping on my lan and Internet tabs. The only time I didn't was when I used a craptastic Netgear router for a few days, but nobody could join the server with that POS.
              The ping value that UT2k4 uses has nothing to do with the ICMP ping that "external pings" deal with.

              The reason you don't get a ping under the internet tab on a majority of the routers on the market today is that forwarding code is only applied to packets arriving on the WAN interface. There are routers that do this but they are not the norm.

              Comment


                #8
                Ping N/A

                Please lok at my other post as you will c that i got the ping to work perfectly. you can go to other form and it tells you what you have to do to get teh ping working.

                but thanks ne way

                Comment


                  #9
                  The default ports are:

                  7777 UDP/IP (Game Port)
                  7778 UDP/IP (Query Port)
                  7787 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
                  28902 TCP/IP (Allows your Server to Connect to the UT2004 Master Server Browser)
                  xxxx TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)

                  Also make sure you set the following to True

                  Find the [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink] part in your server's ini file, and modify the following value:
                  ServerBehindNAT=True

                  and it worked!!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X